X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting 3" left @ 20yds?

I have a 08' PSE X force
    29" draw/ 65#
    Shooting Carbon Express Speedfreaks and Wolverines with 100grain field points.

I had new strings put on 3 weeks ago and was shooting great at 10, 15, and 20yds.
    30yds was about 4" groupings.

So for the last week I've been shooting my BH's at 10yds from elevated position and nailing right on.

Today I set back up for regular practice and nailing bullseye's at 10-15yds with both arrows. At 20, all arrows are hitting 3 inches to the left. I noticed when I cant to my bubble level at 20yds its more accurate, but the closer distances I just draw a natural draw and don't level the bubble and accuracy is dead on.

I have paper tuned the new setup.

Can someone explain this?

Have you paper tuned and re-sighted after you've broke in the new strings? Bow strings are like guitar strings. It takes some playing to break them in, after a couple hundred shots, you should have it re-tuned and re-sighted.

Comment

Originally posted by btechdestroyer View Post
      have you paper tuned and re-sighted after you've broke in the new strings? Bow strings are like guitar strings. It takes some playing to break them in, after a couple hundred shots, you should have it re-tuned and re-sighted.
      this

Comment

I would check for stretch. Depending on the manufacturer of the string and cables....some break in faster than others. They stretch over time. You need to make sure you have the correct specs, motly poundage and brace height.

Also, it shouldn't take a hundred shots with a quality set of strings and cables. Its just recommended.... you need to retune...hate to break it to you that way this close to season...

If you want to, jut sight in for broadheads knowing you need to toich up the tune on your bow after season is over.

Good luck brother! I hope you get some kills!

Comment

Never thought about it that way....I've played guitar for a very long time, but pre stretch those strings....
          I'm almost certain the shop put Korbin strings on it.
          I don't mind paper tuning tomorrow.

I did notice that some arrows were doing that impact/fletching bounce thing. What's that called?
          Last edited by Brhibler1; 09-26-2013, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brhibler1 View Post
            Never thought about it that way....I've played guitar for a very long time, but pre stretch those strings....
            I'm almost certain the shop put Korbin strings on it.
            I don't mind paper tuning tomorrow.

I did notice that some arrows were doing that impact/fletching bounce thing. What's that called?
            A couple issues I see. Number 1 if you are getting fletching contact, well, there ya go. That has to be fixed. Number 2 string Brand has nothing to do with whether it is gonna creep or not. I'm sure as this time you know not to change strings this close to season. But hey it happens. No biggie just work thru it. Put a about 20 or more shots on it just for the hell of it to be sure. Then as stated above retune. And get that fletching contact fixed. Paper tuning is only a starting point. The number 1 reason I have seen field tips and quality bheads not shoot together is fletching contact. And I get the same response all the time. Well I paper tuned it!. I didnt see a mention of what rest you are shootin. Sorry if I missed it...

Comment

Sorry, I mean when it hits the target the arrow does that boing/bounce thing.

Shooting with a whisker biscuit and the fetching is clearing fine.
              Last edited by Brhibler1; 09-26-2013, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Also, I never had my arrows properly cut. Will this matter?
                The points are just above my hand at full draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Brhibler1 View Post
                  Sorry, I mean when it hits the target the arrow does that boing/bounce thing.

Shooting with a whisker biscuit and the fetching is clearing fine.
                  LMAO!!!

Did you check to see if you are torquing the bow also?

Comment

Dang auto correct!
                    My grip is very loose, don't even have my index finger wrapped around the grip.
                    I was worried about that too!

I'm wondering if it's my trigger finger on my tru ball release. Tried shooting with my index and middle finger.
                    Maybe I'm slapping the trigger...
                    I'll retune and follow through all my shooting steps tomorrow.

Or is it the pre season jitters/nerves, lol?

Comment

So I got up an hour early and paper tuned before work. The fletching was leaning 3/8" to the left so I moved my biscuit to the right a 1/16". Now it's shooting bullet holes.

Also, I am torque'n the bow sometimes and it has to be my draw arm pulling to the side. One shot I torqued it enough to put 2" of lean. I corrected that with about 15 paper shots.
                      Guess I need some more practice, lol.

Comment

What spine are you shooting?

Comment

Carbon Express Speedfreaks are 391 grain and Wolverines are heavier at 428. All accounting for my 100 grain fieldpoints.
                          The Speedfreaks are perfect length and the Wolverines need an inch cut off.
                          Speedfreaks, 335 spine
                          Can't find spine on the Wolverines, mine are the 60/70. The 50/60's are rated at 400.
                          Last edited by Brhibler1; 09-27-2013, 06:45 AM.

Comment

I did find where someone called Carbon Express and they said the Wolverines are Piledriver hunters just labeled for Wal-Mart.
                            Rated at 362
                            Last edited by Brhibler1; 09-27-2013, 07:17 AM.

Comment

I would walk back tune and forget about paper. Paper is a starting point but definitely isn't the end with fixed broadheads.

Comment

Working...
                              X