Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replaced string and now have bad arrow flight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replaced string and now have bad arrow flight.

I got my string replaced on my Z7. I can drill at 20 yards, and about a 4" group at 40 yards. As I move back to 60 and 70 yards I am all over the board. I noticed that when shooting past 40 yards I notice that some of the arrows are entering into the target at about a 10 degree angle with the back of the arrow pointing to the left. I shoot a single pin HHA slider sight. I measured everything before taking it in to replace the string. Everything was put back exactly the same, but I had to move my tape up 5 yards. This should mean I lost some fps even know we never touched the draw weight. The bow shop guy mentioned it had bad arrow flight and said it was the Walmart bought Carbon Express arrows. I figured he was just trying to sell me more arrows. Also said I was the WB rest. Could it be the arrows, the rest or could it be he did not twist the string enough? Some how I lost some FPS. I have never replaced a string so not sure. Any help would be appricated.

changing things does change things....
    retune is your best bet...

Comment

If the arrow is going into target at an angle with the back of the arrow pointing to the left, how do I tune it?

Comment

YouTube walk back tune. Its all about the rest.

Comment

When the draw length and brace ht are correct with the cams in the right position so it is timed it is a good idea to mark your cams. That way a quick glance will tell you what has changed

Comment

Working...
          X