Another chono let down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fireman0684 View Post
    I thought the same thing for a long time on shooting a heavy arrow, I switched to the carbon express blue streaks and gained 25 fps and added about 10 pounds of ke. It's weird, trying to change my thought process away from the heavy arrow theory. Shooting a bowtech insanity 70# @ 27.5" I am at 320 fps on a 370 grain arrow producing 84 pounds of KE. Facts are facts
    That is strange. I am shooting an Insanity at 70 lbs with blue streaks @ 365 with a 28" draw and chrono'd 316 fps on two different chrono's.

Yep your bow is dialed in.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
      you're shooting 450 grains with a 27.5 inch draw? You are doing great with 250 fps
      thats kinda what i was thinking.....

Comment

Originally posted by fireman0684 View Post
        I thought the same thing for a long time on shooting a heavy arrow, I switched to the carbon express blue streaks and gained 25 fps and added about 10 pounds of ke. It's weird, trying to change my thought process away from the heavy arrow theory. Shooting a bowtech insanity 70# @ 27.5" I am at 320 fps on a 370 grain arrow producing 84 pounds of KE. Facts are facts
        Your numbers don't work for the ke. I don't see how you gained 10 ft in ke
        If your shooting at 320 with a 370gn arrow. If you gained 25 ft that makes your old arrow around 445 gn that at 295. That puts you ke at 86. So yes you gained speed you lost ke you also went from .582 to .525 on the momentum.

Your ke normally stays with in 4 pounds or so from a ibo arrow to around 500 gn arrow then it starts climbing.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
          Your numbers don't work for the ke. I don't see how you gained 10 ft in ke
          If your shooting at 320 with a 370gn arrow. If you gained 25 ft that makes your old arrow around 445 gn that at 295. That puts you ke at 86. So yes you gained speed you lost ke you also went from .582 to .525 on the momentum.

Your ke normally stays with in 4 pounds or so from a ibo arrow to around 500 gn arrow then it starts climbing.
          I don't know why I put numbers from 2 different bows out there. Numbers from my z7xtreme are in the photos Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379947742.831522.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	24247910Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379947762.361359.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	24247911

Comment

Something is still not right. Do not see how you can drop only 30 grains of arrow weight and gain 28 fps. With that drop in arrow weight, your speed gain should only be about 10 fps.

Comment

I'm getting confused. That is a major drop for just 30 grains. To the op. I can tell you take any arrow at 500 gn or less to a ibo rating of 350 grain you ke will be within just a few numbers. Not sure how your getting those numbers. The online calculators are okay to use for playing around. To get good numbers you need to shoot through a chronograph. Like I said the calculators or only fair up to around 500 gn after that they cannot calculate the efficiency of the bow with the added weight of the arrow. After 600 gn that grows quickly.

Comment

on-line calculators suck!

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                  on-line calculators suck!
                  Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                  X