Selfbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selfbows

Post up your selfbows... especially the bows you made.

(Arvin, sent you a PM...)

I have 2.

The one on the left is an Arvin Weaver bow. It is 44@29.

The one on the right is a Rob Green selfbow. It is 48@29.

I do not have the patience to make one myself.

Bisch

Comment

Mine is in the works but taking it slow as I'm not very good at it lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, my first pic posted upside down!

Now the one on the left is the Arvin Weaver selfbow, and the one on the right is the Rob Green selfbow!

Bisch

Comment

I've really been enjoying the self bow journey for the past year since the wife and I both got laid off. Each stave continues to teach me what years of reading/watching videos have led me to. Here's a pic of what I was finishing up last week as I prep'd to start a new career yesterday. The bow making is going to slow way down now, but once bitten, this bug runs deep. There are soooo many talented folks building self bows these days, everytime I get to handle one that someone like Arvin or James Rempp has created, I marvel at what can be done, and realize I have a loooooong way to go!

Comment

Got a few ive made..working on three now......but cant post pics for some reason.

Comment

Dang Rob, I had no idea... Not only do you make great arrows, you make a pretty nice bow as well. Nice Work!!!

Arvin helped me widdle one out that I still enjoy. Tod still shoots his all of the time, it's his go-to for now, girls are right around the corner.

Comment

Well I have two in the burn pile, one that I just finished that I thought wasn't going to break but the top limb cracked when my son was shooting it lol
                Water oak is not working out for me. On to my Hackberry stave next......

Comment

Elm makes a darn tough selfbow !!

Comment

Sad to say I have had my share of Elm fire wood after failed bows. Just can't get it figured out quite yet. I made a few for my son, his current is elm and only draws about 15'ish pounds. Once I start trying to make any real weight they come apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                      Sad to say I have had my share of Elm fire wood after failed bows. Just can't get it figured out quite yet. I made a few for my son, his current is elm and only draws about 15'ish pounds. Once I start trying to make any real weight they come apart.
                      If you get a chance, post up a pic of the one you son shoots that you made.

Comment

Here is the junior weight Elm bow and then the last is a cedar bow. It's about 20 # at 28" and 80"AMO. Made from a long stave just to see if I could make cedar flex..
                        Attached Files

Comment

They look great.

Comment

Here's the last one I built. My oldest son (21) was shooting it and the top limb cracked. I ordered some rawhide and backed it, but that top limb is weak now. My youngest son shoots it (13) well so it's his to play with. Will start on my hackberry stave this week

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	24441974
                              Sorry only pic that that will load. This is the first one I built and my favorite.
                              57#@28, 64". Osage billets cut in 1956.

Comment

Working...
                              X