Arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrows

I have an assortment of arrows that are all pretty close to the same gpi, the same spine (340), and the same length. My 5575's are flying eh ok. But I have these 340's that (according to mfg arrow charts) should work.

How do I remove the old inserts? Where can I get brass inserts to fit them? I have 10 Beman ICS Hunters and 6 Carbon Express Mutiny. Thanks guys.

*Edit* The bow is a Martin Hatfield #60 @ 28 DL is 29
    Last edited by SMOOTHboar; 02-24-2013, 07:27 PM.

I want to shoot 125grain BH out of it. As these are easy to get at almost any archery shop.

Comment

I don't know about the Carbon Express, but Double G has 100gr brass inserts that will fit the Beaman ICS Hunter shafts. If the carbon express is a 5/16" shaft like the ICS then the ones at Double G will fit both.

As far as getting the old inserts out, the only way I know is to screw a field point in, then heat the field point with a propane torch until the insert can be pulled out. If you put too much heat you will ruin the end of the shaft. There is a VERY fine line between enough heat and a ruined shaft.

Bisch
      Last edited by Bisch; 02-24-2013, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Cool thanks.

The arrows are 30.5" long do you think they will fly good out of this bow with more weight up front?

Comment

Don't know without playing with them some.

Bisch

Comment

Those inserts will fit both arrows

Comment

Cool. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X