3 Rivers Dalaa Recurve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Rivers Dalaa Recurve

I received my 3 Rivers Dalaa by DAS Kinetics this past Tuesday. I picked it up at the Archery Shop during lunch and shot it about a dozen times. The bow is 60", 50#@28", has Win&Win Pro Carbon limbs, carbon over maple lams, and has camo on the limbs. The bow can be seen at the 3 Rivers Archery website.

I went back to the Archery Shop today with the intent of putting seal skin on the bump rest and side plate instead of the velcro that comes as standard equipment. Unfortunately, the glue on the double backed tape I put on the seal skin did not adhere to the Dalaa's bump rest or side plate.

So, now I have a weatherest installed on it. The weatherest moves the arrow about 1/4" higher than the bump rest with velcro. Consequently, I had to move the SRF B sight up in the upper portion of the sight window when I tried to shoot with my release. In fact, it was so high I couldn't see all of the upper portion of the sight.

My fix was to try shooting with fingers. I didn't have a tab with me so I shot with bare fingers. I found that the bow is very accurate shooting with fingers. However, my bare fingers didn't fare too well with the serving on the string ripping through them at release!

I came home and I got one of my tabs out and I shot in the backyard. I found that I could drop the SRF B sight down into the sight window in the area I thought it needed to me, could shoot with split fingers and anchor with my middle finger in the corner of my mouth and I was getting very accurate and very consistent results from 5 to 25 yards. I might be able to get another 5 yards out of my yard in the direction I'm shooting. I could probably get another 15, maybe 20 yards, if I shot diagonally from one corner to the other. But, I'm going to limit my longer distance shooting to the Archery Shop. Budro has an outdoor range that you can shoot distances up to 70 yards.

The Dalaa is a very quiet, very smooth and very quick shooting bow. And it is absolutely dead in the hand. It is by far the most accurate bow I've ever shot shooting fingers.

Bill

Last night I installed a piece of seal skin on the bump rest on the Dalaa's shelf. I used Kiwi Shoe Patch to glue the seal skin to the bow. This morning I found that it has a great bond, much tighter bond than the Barge glue I've used in the past and is most often recommended for seal skin.

Bill

Comment

Glad the seal skin worked for you Mr. Lamb. Do those DAS bows shoot as good as folks let on? They look kinda sci-fi to me. lol

How's your season going over on the eastern coast?

Comment

Those bows definitly have a growing reputation.

Comment

Tracy,

The Dalaa shoots every bit as well as its reputation says it will. It is the most accurate shooting traditional bow I've ever shot with fingers. And actually, it is even more accurate at 25 yards with fingers than my Hoyt Gamemaster was at 20 yards shooting with a release, fiber optic sight and a peep sight.

Chunky,

Yes, the reputation is growing fast and it will be growing even faster now that 3 Rivers is marketing the Dalaa. David will still be building up to 36 per year of his top end bow, the DAS Master, but the Dalaa will be mass produced with him doing the QA and final assembly.

Bill

Comment

I may have to get one

Comment

Originally posted by BowBuddy View Post
              I may have to get one
              BowBuddy,

If you do, I would recommend that you also get the E Adapter Plate and the B Luminous SRF sight.

Bill

Comment

Working...
              X