260 Remington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

260 Remington

Why is the 260 Remington factory ammo so hard to find in stores? I was thinking it was a fairly popular round? Learn me on this round!

It’s a great round that only failed due to bad marketing. I bought one of the first.
    Trade it for a creedmore?

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
      It’s a great round that only failed due to bad marketing. I bought one of the first.
      Trade it for a creedmore?

BP
      I just bought a Tikka T3 CTR in 260 Remington and having trouble finding ammo for it

Comment

It's a great round, I have one, but i handload for mine, so ammo isn't a problem.

Comment

Prime I think makes it, and if they are it will be good... Prime is the most consistent ammo I've seen from a box

Edit: yes they do

Comment

I bought a tikka 260 last year. It is now my favorite go to gun and cartridge. It took the place of my first rifle ever a ruger red pad 25.06 as my favorite.
            I put my can on it and it has no recoil and is very quiet. My 9 year old grandson shot his first deer with it last year
            I will have to find a box of shells when I get home. I bought 5 boxes from a custom loading place in the DFW area. They are great. Now that I have the luepa brass I can reload my own.

PM me your number and I will send you the number of the reloading place.

Comment

I order HSM match 142 grain. Runs 30 bucks a box which isn't too bad. I hit a 12"x12" steel plate at 800 yards consistantly with this ammo. Cabelas has federal ammo on the shelf but I have not had luck seeing it at academy.

Comment

Try Midway USA. You can find it all over the internet for sale. Finding it in a specific store is tough

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                  Prime I think makes it, and if they are it will be good... Prime is the most consistent ammo I've seen from a box

Edit: yes they do

https://www.primeammo.com/ammunition/260.html
                  Prime has an excellent product in their .260 ammo. I reload typically with Lapua brass. I ordered some Prime and have been using it to build up some new brass once this Lapua wears out (it's on it's 7th reloading cycle). I've been impressed with their factory rounds.

Comment

Try ableammo.com or their store is in Huntsville.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDropTine View Post
                      I just bought a Tikka T3 CTR in 260 Remington and having trouble finding ammo for it
                      You asked why retail store ammo is hard to find.
                      Not many “non-gun nuts” bought the .260. I did.
                      I now shoot .270 or a 6.5 CR. Ammo is cheap and very available in stores.

I would order the federal fusions. They work great in all my guns.

BP
                      Last edited by Big pig; 10-08-2018, 05:03 AM.

Comment

I have a 260 and mainly hand load. I recently bought a box of 130 grain Nosler accubonds just to see how they perform out of my rifle. My hand loads work great but I just lack the time to sit down and reload. I’ll never sell or trade my 260, it’s taken many animals over the last 4-5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDropTine View Post
                          Why is the 260 Remington factory ammo so hard to find in stores? I was thinking it was a fairly popular round? Learn me on this round!
                          it was never popular,, like many new things a few people made it sound like a million ,,, not a bad round but never made it to the popular roll call

Comment

Thanks everybody for the input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X