Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bucks rutting in LEE/Fayette

I have witnessed several
    Mature bucks dogging does and grunting, and running them everywhere. Bucks are black hocked and stinky. Most has been very late evening and some on the way to hunt in the mornings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dad noticed the same thing this evening below the house. Three bucks showed up to check the 8 does that are regulars with one being a target buck

Comment

Bucks haven't started on our place in Lexington yet. Not in Giddings at my house either. They have in Fredericksburg though. Fighting and running there.

Comment

Man I saw mature buck on move, make a scrape then come back and check it hour later last weekend... and bucks aren't eating at my camera they are cruising by. He had black hocks to

Comment

Nothing happening in Western Washington County yet. Bucks are scattered out. But not acting rutty.

Comment

Few smaller bucks showing up outside the fence wanting in; haven't seen much inside besides a few scrapes being made.

Comment

Saw a couple sparring in between Lexington and Dime Box but I haven't seen any chasing does yet. Bucks are still running in their bachelor groups

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by apkleinschmidt View Post
                Saw a couple sparring in between Lexington and Dime Box but I haven't seen any chasing does yet. Bucks are still running in their bachelor groups

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
                As of 3 days ago this was the case in Hamilton county as well

Comment

Havent seen any rut action in Fayette County (by the lake and in Cistern)

Comment

Had a giant come in right at dark as I was waiting on some does to leave. Hunted and chased them all around. I could hear rocks rolling and brush crashing. He was serious. That was near Winchester in Fayette County

Comment

bucks are still in bachelor groups in southern Lee county.

Comment

Never thought I'd see it but watched two bucks fighting hard enough Sunday morning Oct. 1st that one broke 2 tines.
                        But there was plenty of other deer (bucks and does around) that showed no other signs of the rut being early in Mills co.

Comment

Nothin here in Oklahoma yet. Still have several mature bucks in a bachelor group together and all are totally nocturnal still.

Comment

Haven't noticed anything in Giddings/Paige.

Comment

Fixing to blow up here in Lavaca and surrounding counties near Yoakum,bucks are getting real frisky and have also seen a couple of bucks dead on the side of the highway the last couple of days.

Comment

Working...
                              X