Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falken all-terrain tires - any experience to share?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent tire, have over 20000 miles on my F150. Quiet, ride good, great off road performance......best wet pavement truck tire I've ever owned. Will buy again.

Comment

I bought 2 Falken tires because Discount was out of what I wanted. They were not all terrains, but after that experience, I will never buy another Falken tire, ever!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The Arturo tire is tougher and cheaper

Comment

My uncle lives in the hill country and drives his F250 on lots of rocky terrain so he goes through tires like crazy. He was buying the Toyo All Terrain, but tried these at the suggestion of his tire guy. He absolutely loves them and says he will buy another set when this one wears out.

Comment

I ran them on my truck one time and that was it. Discount prorated them for me and I’m on my second set of coopers. The Faulkens wore extremely fast on my truck. Stock 08 1500 with a leveling kit, tires rotated every 6k.

Comment

I had them on a duramax, they seemed to ride well and looked good but I traded in truck only a few thousand miles so don’t know how long they last.

Comment

Never again for me. 10,000 miles good. After that my truck shook like crazy and they could not be balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by courtstamper View Post
                  I'm looking at $708, all settled and out the door. Seemed alright to me. Are there some other recommendations for a sub $1000 known-quality brand.
                  PM Perow

Comment

Thanks again for all of the thoughts. It seems experience varies across the board.

Comment

Man I love mine! I've always ran Nitto's and Toyo's but decided to give the At3w a shot. I just rolled over 41k miles on this set and I easily will get another 30k out of them. Traction is great and they are quiet. I have been rotating them every 10k. I only paid about $720 out the door for 33" tires on 20" wheels so I feel like they are a steal.

Edit: I'll add that a coworker really liked the look of my tires so asked how I liked them. He ended up buying a set about 10 months ago and loves them too.
                      Last edited by Pineywoods; 10-15-2018, 05:41 PM.

Comment

have them on my diesel 35000 miles and still rolling

Comment

I have read and heard great things about the new AT3W, and plan to try these out.

The old Falken Rocky Mountains ATs definitely had a lot of negative reviews due to the tread and siping not being full depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by courtstamper View Post
                            I'm looking at $708, all settled and out the door. Seemed alright to me. Are there some other recommendations for a sub $1000 known-quality brand.

Cooper just released an updated version of their AT3 that seems to be priced less than the Nittos and Toyos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve had everything from wrangler duratrac, wrangler all terrains, Toyos, and 2 sets of falken Rocky Mountain all terrains... you can’t go wrong with the Falkens, they are solid tires and way more affordable than most... I put 60k on both sets of falkens I had.

Comment

I had great luck with the 6 that were on my welding rig and it weighs close to 10,000 pounds. My friend got some on a 3/4 ton and never could get them to balance out and had to swap them for some thing else.

Comment

Working...
                                X