No announcement yet.

daylight savings time fall 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeders are going to be wrong and need to be reset, happens twice a year. Factor in the shorter days and you see why its so important to get the timers set straight.

Comment

Causes some hurry up and get out there at a lot of camps. Wish it was a different weekend.

Comment

Bring some toilet paper in case you coffee drinkers system has not adjusted yet

Comment

Ha. Good ones.

I have more issues trying to guess “sundown” 4 weeks from yesterday which is the next time I will be back at my lease. And trying to figure how few seconds to throw due to the enormous acorn crop. And trying to set one feeder to feed after the turkeys have gone to roost.
          Painful except for my “set it and forget it” feeder. All good there!

Comment

Why can’t it just stay the same?

Comment

You don’t have to change the feeder timers just remember it in your head and get to your stand at the right time you’ll be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Need to make myself a reminder alarm on my smart phone so I can get my timers adjusted

Thinking about developing a timer that automatically adjusts for time changes

Save a bunch of folks some headaches and probably sell them faster than I can get them made

Comment

3 weeks to get ready. In!... for the 40 threads asking about setting feeder times....year, after year, after year ....

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                    Need to make myself a reminder alarm on my smart phone so I can get my timers adjusted

Save a bunch of folks some headaches and probably sell them faster than I can get them made
                    Thats would be a money maker! Moving the clock an hour forward or backward triggers a lot of folks!

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                      hate DST
                      This !

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

I have a Diamond feeder that the timer automatically adjust time for the time change. The problem it was designed back when we went back to standard time the second week of October so it changes the time before it actually changes. So now it's messed up because the politicians can't make up their minds.SMDH

Comment

Took a few hunts but the does and young bucks at my stand have accepted my presence so now they don't care what time I have the feeder go off.

Comment

Originally posted by Wence View Post
                            I have a Diamond feeder that the timer automatically adjust time for the time change. The problem it was designed back when we went back to standard time the second week of October so it changes the time before it actually changes. So now it's messed up because the politicians can't make up their minds.SMDH
                            Well dang it, always behind the curve

But thanks for saving me a bunch of time researching and developing one only to discover it has already been done and patented

Comment

Not a fan of moving back to standard time.

I definitely start hunting afternoon/evenings a lot more. Makes for an earlier start and finish to an evening sit. No question, I hunt less in the morning having to get up at 4:00 a.m. as opposed to 5:00 a.m.

We don't mess changing the feeder clocks to match the wrist watch. We do slightly adjust feed times due to the days getting shorter though.

Comment

How do all the deer know when feeders throw, I've only seen a couple that had watches?

Comment

Working...
                                X