No announcement yet.

“Tank”- #1 hit list Axis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t think he is a yearling, compared to the racks most 1/2 yr olds have, I’d kill him.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
      I don’t think he is a yearling, compared to the racks most 1/2 yr olds have, I’d kill him.
      Do you have any good axis pics? Post them up! I’m getting pumped about shooting some.

Also, any good sika this year?
      Last edited by Jared.King; 10-02-2018, 01:00 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

... just a possibility is he was born spring of last year and might be dropping his horns soon. Maybe there wasn't much to eat his first year and just recently bulked up with all the rains and protein after he already went hard honed this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by TAMU84 View Post
          ... just a possibility is he was born spring of last year and might be dropping his horns soon. Maybe there wasn't much to eat his first year and just recently bulked up with all the rains and protein after he already went hard honed this summer.
          I never thought of that. Didn’t see pictures of him earlier this year, but I guess it could be possible.

Comment

So hard to age them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty sure that is an Axis doe, with small headset. It happens. Shoot!!

Comment

He probably tells all the other axis that he has a glandular issue... LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think tank will look good in the freezer! Tender and tasty. I have gotten to the point I dont care to mount anymore animals and purely meat hunt now.

Comment

I agree he's not a yearling. You can see that his pedicles are still really tall. I've been told that's for sure sign of a younger deer. I don't think he is anywhere close to mature, but I wouldn't let that stop you from shooting him. Looks like you have plenty to go around. A lot of times at our place I would rather shoot a spike than a baby making doe.
                    Last edited by Stolle; 10-03-2018, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                      I agree he's not a yearling. I don't think he is anywhere close to mature, but I wouldn't let that stop you from shooting him. Looks like you have plenty to go around. A lot of times at our place I would rather shoot a spike than a baby making doe.
                      Agreed. Knock the air out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post
                        Do you have any good axis pics? Post them up! I’m getting pumped about shooting some.

Also, any good sika this year?
                        We have some good axis and sika both, although I haven’t been saving those pictures lately. Too focused on the wapiti.

Comment

Working...
                        X