No announcement yet.

Please help me pray for our Emmett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Praying for your little guy as well as both of you. Find comfort and know that God has a plan. Trust in the men and women of the hospital and pray for God to guide their hands in the healing process.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Day 50 update. Hard to believe that this is the 50th update on our little Emmett. I never dreamed 50 updates could be filled with so many ups and downs. Finally, after much anticipation, Emmett is off the high frequency ventilator! The decision was made around noon to make the switch. Guess who was ready with open arms to hold him? Momma! This was a joyful moment, as I feel Emmett needed that just as much as Krystal did. Dad is eagerly awaiting his turn tomorrow! The doctor finally ordered milk feeds to be given tonight. Only 8 ml, but it's a start. Now on the conventional vent, he's still doing extremely well. We may be pushing our hopes here, but we're hopeful that they will extubate tomorrow!

So when this last mishap went down, the medical team was forced to leave the isolette open due to the high frequency vent and blood transfusion. The heater stayed on, blowing heat down to Emmett to keep him warm. Over the last couple days, he seemed to be maintaining his body temp well, evident by the reduced heat output. Today, we were told that since he's doing to well with regulating his body temp, they can leave the top open for good! This means a crib, clothes, and swaddles!

As most of the day was filled with good news, there was a concerning event that had us on edge most of the day. For some unknown reason, Emmett's heart rate dropped to the 60s. The doctors are not sure why he dropped, but both neonatal and cardiology are not overly concerned right now. It's worrying us though! For now it sounds like the plan is just to monitor it. The electrophysiologist said they will wait until his heart rate drops to the 50s before intervening.

I've mentioned before that Emmett has a great healthcare team here. Check out the picture of what one of his respiratory therapists bought him. Very thoughtful, and pretty fitting if you ask me! Speaking of which, you know what else Emmett has that's great? All of you fine folks supporting him in so many ways. Thank you all!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Very happy for Emmett and your family! Your going to have a lifetime of memories with the little guy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great update!

Future clutch athlete with ice water in his veins with that heart rate! Not to worry.

Prayers up!

Comment

God Bless

Comment

Great news bud! Continued prayers for your family

Comment

Glad to hear it

Continued prayers for all

Comment

Awesome news and thanks for the continued updates!

Comment

Prayers for your family

Comment

Love hearing good news! Prayer continues

Comment

Prayers continued for Emmett

Comment

Praying every day!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks for the update and Prayers continuing.

Comment

Great news! More prayers inbound!!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Really great news, prayers continuing for Emmett and family.

Comment

Working...
                                X