Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 09-06-2018, 10:57 PM   #1
Royal
Six Point

Default Puke

Just saw the Kaepernick commercial for the first time. Puked a little in my mouth. That is all.....
Royal is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2018, 11:00 PM   #2
Lonestar_HOYT
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mills County

Hope I never see it and I hope Nike goes broke. That’s a pretty arrogant move on Nike’s part and I hope it bankrupts them.
Lonestar_HOYT is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2018, 11:07 PM   #3
Royal
Six Point

Default Puke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar_HOYT View Post
Hope I never see it and I hope Nike goes broke. That’s a pretty arrogant move on Nike’s part and I hope it bankrupts them.
Yep and yep.
Royal is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2018, 11:07 PM   #4
curtintex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Usually from a tree

Crazy thing is, it had nothing to do with Kapernick and would have been an inspiring commercial without his being in it. He's none of those things described in that commercial. He's never been the best at anything. There are literally dozens of people that could have made that commercial more meaningful. Kap made it political just with his creepy presence. He was miscast for that part. NIKE **** the bed on this one.
curtintex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2018, 11:08 PM   #5
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtintex View Post
Crazy thing is, it had nothing to do with Kapernick and would have been an inspiring commercial without his being in it. He's none of those things described in that commercial. He's never been the best at anything. There are literally dozens of people that could have made that commercial more meaningful. Kap made it political just with his creepy presence. He was miscast for that part. NIKE **** the bed on this one.
All these encouraging disabled athletes and then his afghanny looking ***. Made no sense at all.
JLivi1224 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2018, 11:10 PM   #6
bboswell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can

Quote:

Agree completely but there is another demographic that believes he fits the part perfectly. Those are the customers Nike is playing to.
bboswell is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2018, 11:13 PM   #7
txwhitetail
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Irion Co

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
txwhitetail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2018, 11:32 PM   #8
yaqui
Ten Point

Hunt In: Eastland Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
All these encouraging disabled athletes and then his afghanny looking ***. Made no sense at all.
Would this be considered racist? Asking for an afghanny friend.
yaqui is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2018, 11:33 PM   #9
StrayDog
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coleman County

Quote:
I’ve been reading a lot about peoples opinion on Kap lately and I’ve come to the following conclusions:

1. I agree this country still has race issues and yes there have been some well publicized shootings of African Americans by police. I’m not going to argue culpability from any side because most people feel strong about one side or the other.

2. Our society is very polarized: politically, socially, economically, etc.

So here’s my beef with Kap - he is a problem identifier when he could have easily been a problem solver. Being an high profile athlete he could have made phone calls to various elected/appointed officials, law enforcement experts, activists, etc. He could have gotten them all in the same room. He could have used his clout to influence these parties to “leave their egos at the door”, listen to each other and try and enact some positive change.

He had the opportunity to be a problem solver yet he chose not to do so.

I’m a firm believer in griping about problems without offering or working to solutions only adds fuel to the fire.

Last edited by StrayDog; 09-06-2018 at 11:35 PM.
StrayDog is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2018, 11:38 PM   #10
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Hunt In: Navarro County

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayDog View Post
I’ve been reading a lot about peoples opinion on Kap lately and I’ve come to the following conclusions:

1. I agree this country still has race issues and yes there have been some well publicized shootings of African Americans by police. I’m not going to argue culpability from any side because most people feel strong about one side or the other.

2. Our society is very polarized: politically, socially, economically, etc.

So here’s my beef with Kap - he is a problem identifier when he could have easily been a problem solver. Being an high profile athlete he could have made phone calls to various elected/appointed officials, law enforcement experts, activists, etc. He could have gotten them all in the same room. He could have used his clout to influence these parties to “leave their egos at the door”, listen to each other and try and enact some positive change.

He had the opportunity to be a problem solver yet he chose not to do so.

I’m a firm believer in griping about problems without offering or working to solutions only adds fuel to the fire.

But what was the problem to begin with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
OldRiverRat is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2018, 11:42 PM   #11
StrayDog
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRiverRat View Post
But what was the problem to begin with?

You’d have to ask him that to get a complete answer - but it’s generally described as unfair treatment of minority’s in this country.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:47 PM   #12
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaqui View Post
Nope. Just descriptive. Ha.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:54 PM   #13
HogHunter34
Ten Point

Hunt In: Anderson County

The sad thing is I’m seeing more & more people sit during national anthem played at HS football games. Even witnessed it tonight. It will only get worse with all this Nike blowup as more & more show their support to him.
For me, I have the utmost respect for the many who truly sacrificed for this great country & I will stand in honor of them
HogHunter34 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2018, 11:55 PM   #14
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Quote:
You’d have to ask him that to get a complete answer - but it’s generally described as unfair treatment of minority’s in this country.
Which is trumped up, no pun intended. Do some research. The “targeting” of blacks by police is a fallacy. The fact is, the good guys go where the bad guys are. When 13% of the population is responsible for the vast majority (around 75%) of all violent crimes, then the police spend more time in those areas, logically. The narrative is just factually inaccurate.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:57 PM   #15
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Pandering is so week and pathetic... I hope they fold.
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 12:00 AM   #16
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogHunter34 View Post
The sad thing is I’m seeing more & more people sit during national anthem played at HS football games. Even witnessed it tonight. It will only get worse with all this Nike blowup as more & more show their support to him.
For me, I have the utmost respect for the many who truly sacrificed for this great country & I will stand in honor of them
The seed was been planted.. The spreading begins.. Like a virus..
It was their plan.. Its what they do..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 07:13 AM   #17
Backwoods101
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fort Bend, Gillespie

Quote:
Which is trumped up, no pun intended. Do some research. The “targeting” of blacks by police is a fallacy. The fact is, the good guys go where the bad guys are. When 13% of the population is responsible for the vast majority (around 75%) of all violent crimes, then the police spend more time in those areas, logically. The narrative is just factually inaccurate.
Leave the facts out of this Justin, we are throwing a fit strictly based off emotion here!! The fact that the majority of Black homicides are at the hands of other Blacks has no business in this conversation either.
Backwoods101 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 07:19 AM   #18
Speedgoat
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, etc.

I used to love to watch him play. He was athletic and had spurts of greatness. Then, then I heard him speak and saw the clothes he wore. I no longer found myself cheering for him.
Speedgoat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 07:54 AM   #19
Jtrisler
Six Point

very powerful commercial. Very well done. However, the fact the Kap narrates and stars in it puts a bad taste in my mouth. Nike is getting what they wanted by using him........PUBLICITY........positive and negative.
Jtrisler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 08:09 AM   #20
em12
Ten Point

Hunt In: Meridian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtrisler View Post
very powerful commercial. Very well done. However, the fact the Kap narrates and stars in it puts a bad taste in my mouth. Nike is getting what they wanted by using him........PUBLICITY........positive and negative.
I couldn’t agree more,

Incredibly well done commercial, moving, inspiring. He casts a shadow on it that some live for and some cannot stand. Interesting time..... it’s gonna get worse before it ever gets better.
em12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 08:27 AM   #21
MQ32Shooter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cisco, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaqui View Post
You’re kidding, right?!
MQ32Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 08:47 AM   #22
Jaybo31
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montgomery County

Its a great commercial subject wise. But ruined with has dumbass in it.
Jaybo31 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 09:02 AM   #23
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.

I just watched it thinking it was going to be horribly offensive based on how much people are talking about it. I was underwhelmed. It's just another commercial, not the end of the World. I didn't buy Nike shoes anyway because they are overpriced.
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 09:05 AM   #24
critter69
Ten Point

Hunt In: CO and Texas when I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboswell View Post
Agree completely but there is another demographic that believes he fits the part perfectly. Those are the customers Nike is playing to.
Yep, and a lot of around.
critter69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 09:22 AM   #25
StrayDog
Ten Point

Quote:
I've ready plenty of statistics. Like I said, Kap could have helped enact positive change for crime both committed by minorities and those situations where minorities are victims. Heck, choose anything that feels like unfair treatment - just quit whining without doing anything, especially when you have more ability than 99.99% of society.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:31 AM   #26
Hooverfb
Eight Point

Guys did you really expect much from Kap? He's from Kommifornia. Agree hough that this whole narrative would be completely different if Kap had enough brain cells to figure out how to actually do something instead of just throw a fit in one of the most disrespectful ways possible to the only country in the world where a guy like him can get a paycheck like that and then be paid for belligerently complaining and not even being good at what he did in the first place lol.
Hooverfb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 12:18 PM   #27
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

Quote:
Then they should go back to their "mother land" and see what it's like to live in those **** hole countries. Problem solved.
Drycreek3189 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 01:34 PM   #28
Razrbk89
Ten Point

Hunt In: Northern & Eastern Arkansas

I don’t agree with the way he’s going about it, and I’m not convinced of his message to begin with.

The sad part to me is that there are millions of grown men in our country that are more riled up over a stinking tennis shoe add than the most recent school shooting.

At the end of the day its a television add for tennis shoes.... I just can’t let that weigh in on my day to day life.
Razrbk89 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 01:36 PM   #29
cjkozik
Ten Point

Hunt In: Talpa, Texas

Your playing into their hand by posting about it.
cjkozik is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 01:40 PM   #30
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjkozik View Post
Your playing into their hand by posting about it.
He's absolutely been living in a bunch of dude's heads rent free for way too long. Even in the thread about the apartment shooting his name got brought up. It's obsessive.
Smell the Glove is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 01:52 PM   #31
HotRod Hunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public Land and have a lease in Huntsville thats only good for riding four wheelers and camping

One of my sons new pair of shoes for school was the New N word N—e. I wish I could return them to Academy they are barely worn . I’m thinking of at least unstitching the emblem if possible They have lost my business. They are trying to divide the country worse than it already is.

Last edited by HotRod Hunter; 09-07-2018 at 01:59 PM.
HotRod Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 01:53 PM   #32
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoods101 View Post
leave the facts out of this justin, we are throwing a fit strictly based off emotion here!! The fact that the majority of black homicides are at the hands of other blacks has no business in this conversation either.
facts!!! Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2018, 01:55 PM   #33
HotRod Hunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public Land and have a lease in Huntsville thats only good for riding four wheelers and camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by txwhitetail View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was funny but in a sick way
HotRod Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 01:58 PM   #34
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

I havent seen the commercial and hope I never do......but to sum it up the guy who wore socks depicting cops as pigs and gave $25,000 to a convicted cop killer is being portrayed as a hero? There are a lot of sick people in this world. I can assure you I will never by another anything nike.
rtp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 02:21 PM   #35
cjkozik
Ten Point

Hunt In: Talpa, Texas

Watch it and move on. Don’t give them, meaning Nike or the unemployed individual the time of day.
cjkozik is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 09:20 PM   #36
mdnabors
Ten Point

Hunt In: Weatherford & Kansas

Shoulda been this! Real Hero who risked everything
Attached Images

mdnabors is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 09:37 PM   #37
Hix
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas- Gregg Co., Cass & Marion Co.

Hix is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 09:37 PM   #38
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

Well???
Are we......

Boycotting?
Bayouboy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 09:38 PM   #39
meangreen
Ten Point

Hunt In: Cooke

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnabors View Post
Shoulda been this! Real Hero who risked everything
Yep! Drop the mic
meangreen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 09:50 PM   #40
Low Fence
Pope & Young

Rather have seen
Attached Images

Low Fence is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 11:08 PM   #41
Lee230
Eight Point

Hunt In: Menard County, TX & OK Panhandle

For the Tiger Woods homers: "a beautiful spot" as he references the kap ad. Fresh off the ESPN ticker. Maybe he should stay at Waffle House...
Lee230 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-08-2018, 09:04 AM   #42
Low Fence
Pope & Young

Diamond Dave’s ninja school
Attached Images

Low Fence is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top