No announcement yet.

Craziest sleeping set up at the lease.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not hunting related, but a weird sleeping arrangement. Attending Jungle Survival School in the Philippines in 1971 we were issued a parachute panel, some rope and a mosquito net. Had to make a hammock between large bamboo trees and survive two nights.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
      Me and that old dog spent many weekends camping during deer and turkey season, just me and him. I hadda put him down about 3 weeks ago at 13 1/2

Sorry for your loss.

Craziest sleep was probably as a teenager camping on PINS with the family. We arrived real late so we all just slept without setting anything up. I was on top of a 1979 Ford van with a couple layers of carpet padding as cushion.

Comment

Old chicken coop

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
          Very expensive, but the back of a Tahoe with the back seats removed.
          Buddy used to go this. He called it "Hotel 'Hoe"

Comment

Beach camping has to be the worst. Sand, bugs and the heat.

This was my camp set up for about 2 years. It was great in the winters and not that bad in the summer with a good fan. My GF even toughed it out in the container with me a few times, her dog wasn't really ever convinced though. Before that it was a tent with a popup tent over it to keep the rain off.
            Attached Files

Comment

I worst night was as a guest in a converted grain silo. They didn't bother to clean it out and just laid carpet over whatever was there. When the lights went out mice were everywhere! Had a couple run across my sleeping bag. NOt much sleep that night.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                I slept in one of those big igloo looking dog kennels once. Wasn't bad at all. Actually stayed pretty warm.

My buddy's family had some land they never used and he told a few of us we could hunt it and that it had "an old, decent cabin on it". We show up out there at 9:00 pm on one of the coldest nights since I moved to Texas (low of 8 degrees) and find the cabin. It has no electricity and the floor has completely rotted away to bare dirt. Had to drink a lot to fall asleep that night.
                How big a boy are you?

Comment

On top of a shipping container for 3 nights with no running water and 99-104 degreee temps during the day. Made the 4 hour drive home with my dog in the back seat after she had found a skunk the last night. I woke up from the smell that night.

I’m a very old tool shed.. My brother woke before sun up coughing and sounding terrible. We had been breathing in rat and owl crap..

One night I set on top of a very big deer blind to pig hunt and fell asleep. My buddy woke me up when he showed up for the morning hunt. I was cold and wet.

Comment

Old school bus and tents.

Comment

Back when we ran deer with dogs, we would sleep under the truck

Comment

Slept in the tack compartment of a two horse trailer many times.

Comment

Working...
                        X