Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope to try a few of these out soon

Comment

I'll be making some this weekend. Going for smoked jap/cheese, SS, chorizo, breakfast and dried.

Comment

That's a bunch buckrage.

Comment

The Chirizo is awesome. I'll be doing more,

Comment

Hats off to you. Many thanks.

Comment

Thank You mesquitecountry! We did the jap and cheese in link and summer, the Brats and the spicy, all of them are awesome! After seeing what's been said about the chorizo, that will be our next batch. Thanks again for posting these recipes.

Comment

Have a question, Is it possible to put a quick smoke on venison summer sausage, then finish it in the oven, i don't have a smoker to control temp,would this be a safe way to get a smoke taste on it..and we don't like the taste of liquid smoke. tThanks

Comment

Originally posted by ladybluearm View Post
                  Have a question, Is it possible to put a quick smoke on venison summer sausage, then finish it in the oven, i don't have a smoker to control temp,would this be a safe way to get a smoke taste on it..and we don't like the taste of liquid smoke. tThanks

I have a friend that does the exact thing and it comes out just fine

Comment

Thanks, I think we will try it

Comment

Love the spreadsheet. Very helpful - thank you.

Comment

Made some jalapeno cheese last weekend...turned out great!

Click image for larger version

Name:	sausage.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	24429069

Comment

Great looking links!

Comment

dry sasuage questions???

Question on dry sausage? I dont have any Sodium nitrate (instacure #2) and just have the instacure #1. From what I've read for a short drying time you can get by with just using instacure #1, on longer 3-4 + weeks drying time you need the instacure #2. Any ideas or thoughts?

Living in Corpus Christi we don't get low humidity and/or cool temperatures so I'm having to cheat on the long traditional drying out time, and hoping for a quick dry time (refrigerator, dehydrator, or window unit in a closed garage with a dehumidifier running).

Thanks!

Jason Slocum

Comment

Mixed mesquite 's and my own..great combo...

Comment

Great pics fellas.

Jason, not sure on all that. You can't buy sodium nitrate any longer. You need pink sodium nitirite cure also called Prague powder. It takes a maximum of a 1/4 pound per 100 pounds of meat. It cures in just a couple hours within the meat and it provides the cured look within a couple hours not weeks.

Agreed on the humidity along the coast. I recommend you use a humidity controlled environment with a dehumidifier or you hot dry your rings. Like with a dehydrator to get them going

Comment

Working...
                                X