No announcement yet.

Paying for my younger days.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try yoga. I know a guy who rodeo'ed well into his 40s. He swears it's the only thing that lets him get out of bed in the morning.

LWD

Comment

All of us would have taken better care of ourselves if we would have known we would live this long.....

Comment

Prayers getting older sucks if you ask me. I'm 51 been in constructin sense I was 14. Every morning something new hurts aches... Good luck I will send some prayer.

Comment

I am 43 and my body is beginning to show a few signs of age. I ran three miles this morning and it hurt like I don't remember it hurting. We all get old, unfortunately.

Comment

At 62, I look back and see a lot of things I did to put me where I am at. One of the most reckless thing I di was as an ambulance attendant (EMS) when I was in my 20's. Picking up 300 lbs of dead weight out of a bathtub and carrying them down the hallway to a stretcher. Or digging a 300#er out of the floor board of a car and out through a roof (or what used to be a roof) and onto a stretcher. So many of those stories. And not to mention the motocross wrecks and such things.
            You have to be tough to grow old!! And now some young politician wants to tell me, I can't have that pain pill, who the hell is he to say what or what not my Dr. want to prescribe for me to make my life a little easier. Don't we want our dogs to have some quality of life before we put him down. So why should it be different for us.
            Keep the politicians out of the medical field
            Sorry for the rant, do not want to hijack your post but watch what your pain management doc has to do to cover his ars, just to help you out as you get older.
            To everyone out there, please keep the government out of healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by clayg08 View Post
              Very well said, sir ! Ready for a beer, Randy ?
              Always ready for one my friend!
              Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
              Randy, it's easier to tell ya' where I don't hurt than to list where I hurt.. But like I told my daughter when she was fussin' about us spending her inheritance on the new trailer... I fully intend to slide into death just as I came into this world.. Feet first (yes I was a breech baby) and broke.. screaming "hold my beer and watch this"...
              You and me think alike Mike. I'm going down kickin hollerin "Hold my beer and watch this!"
              Originally posted by MidLifeKtm View Post
              48 this year. Hockey, football, baseball and motorcycles. In fact I still ride large adventure biks on rides such as the Trans American Trail. In March I had my 5th knee surgery and in June I rode the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail. Yep my body hurts bad at times but life makes that pain worth it!

Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly shouting, Holy **** What a ride!
              And a ride it has been.
              Originally posted by enewman View Post
              Yep Bursitus in both shoulders. Degenerative disk decease. Both knees bad. Bad neck. All at 47. I still have not slowed down. Aleve is my friend

Never walk threw the pearly gates of heaven. Slide threw them screaming thank you God. What a ride.
              Yep!
              Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
              All of us would have taken better care of ourselves if we would have known we would live this long.....
              Naw! I figure if your not hurtin when you get old, you didn't live life to the fullest. Don't worry about how you will feel when you get old, worry about livin while your young.

Comment

I have been very fortunate to this point. Football put me thru college, but it's catching up with me now too... my scars tell me my past is real... some of those scars are visible and on the outside, some are not and on the inside... don't make 'em any less real. Experience produces scars and without experience, we don't learn... just some "learnin's" a little more costly that other learnin... I thank God every day for getting me this far and keeping me on the green side of the grass. I know where I'm going when my race is run, and I'm OK with that, but I still like the run so far... Merry Christmas to all you ol' fellers!

Comment

Football, soccer and years of running all have taken a toll on my knees, as long as I keep my weight down that keeps my back from aching. Best thing you can do is eat right, any exercise thar doesn't aggravate and keep weight under control.

Comment

Hate to hear this, Randy.

I really feel sorry for you older guys...must suck!!!

Comment

Hate to hear that Randy
                      Feel better my friend

Comment

I feel with ya.

living 9 lives beats living 1 life behind a desk for 40 years all day everyday.

Comment

68 here and 30 yrs of Army physical training, 20 yrs bouncing around in a chopper, 50+ years of baseball, and my knee, ankle, back and shoulder hurt! Not to mention, just had two blood vessels in my nose cauterized to hopefully stop the nosebleeds that were coming as many as 15-18 times/month! Of course, if we stop collecting birthdays, then who's gonna keep all the young guys entertained?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                            Hate to hear this, Randy.

I really feel sorry for you older guys...must suck!!!
                            Thanks a bunch. Young bucks like you are real encouraging.

Comment

Seriously, I do hate it for you!

Comment

I feel ya.
                                My grandpa always said getting old ain't for sissies definitely know what he ment now!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X