X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    The best to ya up north Will!
    Thank you TG.
    This is my first year rife hunting Nebraska and I bow hunter Missouri last year and took an big doe. Never saw a buck I was happy with. I'm really excited for these two hunts and just bought my permits for both states today. They will be back to bak hunts. I will try to do live a live hunt for Nebraska but I don't get any cell coverage in Mytle Missouri.
    Last edited by arrowdiger; 09-17-2017, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Looking forward to your updates Will. When do your hunts start?

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Looking forward to your updates Will. When do your hunts start?

I will be driving up to Taylor Nebraska and meeting my father in law and brother in law on November 8th and setting up some pop up blinds. Rife season starts on the 11th and we will hunt for 8 days there if we don't tag out sooner. Then we will drive back to my father in laws in Myrtle Missouri and hunt for 6 days or more if we tag out early in Nebraska. We have access to 1500 acres in Nebraska and 500 in Missouri all private land that we get to hunt for free.

Here's a few bucks from the last few years they have hunted Nebraska.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0889.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	24510791Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0890.jpg
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	24510792Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0891.jpg
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	24510793Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0892.jpg
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	24510794Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0893.jpg
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	24510795Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0894.JPG
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	24510796
        Last edited by arrowdiger; 09-18-2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Howdy yall,

I am a local to the kopperl area. We rifle hunt private land around the b3 b4 area. Please be on the look out for unethical hunters! For the last 3 years we go shed hunting around March and we always seem to find fawn carcasses, or small buck carcasses fully intact. At first we thought it was just natural death, but we are 3 years of finding dead small deer.

BTW, good luck to everyone this season. A buddy and I are going to try bow hunting for the first time this year, wish us luck.

Comment

Has anyone ever hike and hunted in B4? After hunting season is over my wife and I hike from B2 all the way to the boat ramp in Lakeside Village (we live in lakeside) along the equestrian trail almost every sunday (until it starts getting hot). We always have close encounters with deer, this previous spring we walked up on 4 deer and got with in 20-25 feet of them and they didn't move for several minutes. I know it decreases my odds of getting a deer, but it could be a really fun way to be in the woods and have the possibility of getting a deer at the same time. It may be a week day thing so I don't screw up other people's hunts. What would be the honest opinions on this?

Comment

Welcome to the campfire Rusty.

I've hunted B4 from one end to the other in the past. It was one of the 1st places I bow hunted there back in the mid '80s. There were no boundary fences on most of the lake back then, except for some of the private property owners. So a person could drive almost anywhere you could get your truck.

Comment

Welcome to the campfire Rusty.

I've hunted B4 from one end to the other in the past. It was one of the 1st places I bow hunted there back in the mid '80s. There were no boundary fences on most of the lake back then, except for some of the private property owners. So a person could drive almost anywhere you could get your truck.

It's changed a lot since then. It's fully fenced now. Only way your driving in there is through Mesquite Creek and you better hope you don't get busted. We used to go wheeling in there back in the 2000's, had a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by DFW Rusty View Post
                  It's changed a lot since then. It's fully fenced now. Only way your driving in there is through Mesquite Creek and you better hope you don't get busted. We used to go wheeling in there back in the 2000's, had a lot of fun.
                  I know. And I don't drive on ACE property now. Haven't since they band vehicles, and put up fence and barriers all over the lake. I like my privileges using the resources. So I follow the rules out there, and every where else.

What private property do you hunt that is around B3?

Comment

Descent Deer

Here is a buck that I've been seeing since right after he had shed them last season. No this is not public land but I'm getting excited and can't wait! I'm pretty sure I've found a pretty solid Corp land spot as well however we will see what it is going to yield. This is on only 35 acres of property and only about half is huntable. He's been coming to the feeder since probably late February.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CHParker View Post
                      Here is a buck that I've been seeing since right after he had shed them last season. No this is not public land but I'm getting excited and can't wait! I'm pretty sure I've found a pretty solid Corp land spot as well however we will see what it is going to yield. This is on only 35 acres of property and only about half is huntable. He's been coming to the feeder since probably late February.
                      Here's hoping you can nail him before the rut moves him out of the area. Or in late season he's a nice one

Comment

Nice buck CHP,

We have some nice deer coming into our feeders. Not a lot of bucks yet, but we saw a pretty nice buck over the weekend while out feeding cattle.

Pulled the first SD card of the year last Friday (we have 4 more cameras out), I have to adjust this camera because it looks too dark at 7:30, but have a very consistent heard of does coming into one of our feeders every night about 45 minutes before dark.

Sorry for the dark pic.... I have to adjust the camera so it gets better light. This property is about 1/4 mile from B3 area on private land.

Comment

Went out again yesterday to do a final check on a few spots I had planned on hunting the first two weeks of season. Seems someone else liked two of them as well. They moved a bunch of brush and cut some areas As well. Assuming the same someone also took down a lock on that sat empty all last year at one of these two spots as well. Glad to see the lock-in gone minus a couple screw in steps (perfect tree for a climber), sad to see someone else also likes the same spots so much. Oh well, public land 101.

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
                            Went out again yesterday to do a final check on a few spots I had planned on hunting the first two weeks of season. Seems someone else liked two of them as well. They moved a bunch of brush and cut some areas As well. Assuming the same someone also took down a lock on that sat empty all last year at one of these two spots as well. Glad to see the lock-in gone minus a couple screw in steps (perfect tree for a climber), sad to see someone else also likes the same spots so much. Oh well, public land 101.
                            Sorry for your misfortune. Always keep a back-up plan, other spots. If you find out who it is, see if you can work with them on hunting the same spot.

To many folks down there "opening weekend" for me to hunt. I'd rather eat BBQ and/or fish. Or go to another public land to hunt.

Comment

You think it's bad now, wait until this weekend. Everyone will be putting up stands for the opener. This is the weekend to scout and see where everyone is.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                                OK guys here we Go! For this seasons opener on the 29th of September I will start cooking on the smoker for Friday night dinner. For those that made it last year it will be at PLOWMAN CREEK CAMPGROUND . We eat about 730 or 1930 for you in the military. Texas Grown, razorback,buckshot,Chino,coop, webstertroy,Ender, Homegrown justindfw and anyone else that wants to join us is welcome (that means also the ones who are new to this wonderful place we hunted. BYOB YOUR OWN CHAIRS ALSO not just the guys but your better half also. The camp site will be up on the hill just ask for the Ochoa campsite. There will be brisket, pork button and sausage. If your coming let me know, if you work with Kennyb let him know.
                                I hope to see all for a good round of fellowship and story telling.
                                Does that camp ground fill up fast?

Comment

Working...
                                X