No announcement yet.

DIY Gravity Feed Rat Poison Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My buddy had mice eat his truck wires twice. Toyota said some of the wiring components made in Mexico contain soy products, so rodents will chew them.
    His solution. He has house cats that use a litterbox indoors for their business.
    He saves all the dirty litter and has made a big enough pad to park his truck on. No more mice.
    He continues to freshen it up every time they change out the cat litter and this was 3 years ago without any more mouse problems.

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsoVcrFyrF8"]The All Time Best Mouse Trap I Have Ever Tested. Walk The Plank Mouse Trap In Action. - YouTube[/ame] and coyote urine have been quite effective.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
        We made the center tube 3’ tall to hold more bait. Mice will have it cleaned out in a week.
        This is true in the beginning, I can load 4 bars of one-bite per tube. That's one package broke down the center seam. So 2 bars stacked on 2 bars.

At this point I only have to put 2 bars in each feeder every couple of months. Now I'm only killing new mice/rats that show up. The infestation has been handled for a while now.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by Parramore View Post
            That’s awesome

Comment

Is there a purpose for the PVC pipe? could you just use the Tee and get rid of the PVC pipe on the bottom? I know you would need the PVC pipe on top for the bait. I guess maybe they would feel more safe in a close area to eat the cubes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                Is there a purpose for the PVC pipe? could you just use the Tee and get rid of the PVC pipe on the bottom? I know you would need the PVC pipe on top for the bait. I guess maybe they would feel more safe in a close area to eat the cubes.
                They feel more safe and it keeps the poison away from unintended victims

Comment

Working...
                X