.410 dove beat down!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.410 dove beat down!!!

We have been covered up in wood county the last week and a half! Last week were all small young local birds but this week they are everywhere and huge! Last 2 years have been one shot wonders on fields and that sucks because in our family business me and my dad can’t be gone at the same time. So far we have been 3 times and had limits all three. Still have 3 fields we haven’t hunted yet that are stacked with birds (dry years are always better for us)

Most goat weed doesn’t even have seed in it, and none is mature. They are full of “tickle tongue” berries

I got a limit with o/u .410 in a little over a box, Dad knocked his out with the beretta 12 I gave him a few years ago
    Attached Files

Nice, Congrats

Comment

It is a lot of fun. Been shooting a 410 for 40 years. Just choose your shots and have fun. I can normally get 12 with 20ish hand loaded shells.

I cheat a little.......

Comment

You guys ever book any hunts or just keep it to family?

Comment

Congrats. I wish I had that gun

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
            It is a lot of fun. Been shooting a 410 for 40 years. Just choose your shots and have fun. I can normally get 12 with 20ish hand loaded shells.

I cheat a little.......
            These were hand loaded 8’s 2 1/2”. Inside 25 yards they are toast!

Comment

Nice shooting

Comment

Originally posted by b.a.saha View Post
                You guys ever book any hunts or just keep it to family?
                I just keep it for my dad. He only wingshoots. Never shot a deer and has no care to. But growing up watching him quail, dove and duck hunt it was like watching a ninja with a shotgun. It’s truly been therapeutic for him to start shooting again. He’s 65 now and today I noticed the reaction time wasn’t there... but when he did shoot, it counted

Comment

Send birds west!!!

Comment

What part of Wood County? My place is near 2088 and 312. I did not hunt it this year due to life getting in the way. Sounds delicious love me I am missing out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                      What part of Wood County? My place is near 2088 and 312. I did not hunt it this year due to life getting in the way. Sounds delicious love me I am missing out.
                      All my fields are between Quitman and Lake Fork. But I’m seeing birds everywhere I’m working

Last Saturday I had to work and drive past one field we hunt that’s about 8 acres with a power line. No less than 150 birds on it. No less!

Comment

Niiiice shoot Kyle! Good on ya getting Dad out there!

Comment

Thanks. I may just have to go give it a shot

Comment

Cool beans!

Comment

Glad y’all have some birds up there. Sounds like a great hunt with your dad. I’m afraid we’re gonna be washed out of our season opener down here around Corpus Christi

Comment

Working...
                              X