Guadalupe River with a $50 point and shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guadalupe River with a $50 point and shoot

Took these today while fly fishing with my daughter below Canyon dam. My brother and his son were there as well. Some of you may recognize that Cypress tree. It's the one with a rock that's grown into the roots, and it's pretty darn big.

I keep a little Canon Powershot handy at all times, and this one fits in one of the zippered pockets on my fly vest. I got it from the Canon Refurb. store for $49, shipped with a case, SD card, charger and a spare battery!

Rule #1 of photography is to always have a camera handy. I learned that a long time ago.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with the results.

IMG_6935 by johnmagera, on Flickr

IMG_6956 by johnmagera, on Flickr

IMG_6963 by johnmagera, on Flickr

Nice pictures!

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Cool!

Comment

Nice pics...did you guys catch anything?

Comment

I wish. It was more of a scouting trip, but even so, I figured we'd catch a few stockers. Nope. Not even a bite. We waded upstream to the dam and even the folks there with bait weren't catching any - top or bottom. I did however see a dad and son leave as we were arriving with a stringer full, so they must have been biting earlier.

Like I said - scouting trip, so we'll be back. We spent more time in the fly shop (Action Angler) getting advice and buying me a new fly reel than we did fishing. But we now have a plan for the next trip.

John

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Man oh Man...if you can take pics like that...maybe you have found a new career...great!

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Working...
                  X