No announcement yet.

Your arrow choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I always find fascinating (but necessary) is how the overwhelming majority of traditional archers can cite their bow specs and arrow specs from memory. I would be wiling to bet that most of you didn't have to look it up, or measure it before posting.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
      What I always find fascinating (but necessary) is how the overwhelming majority of traditional archers can cite their bow specs and arrow specs from memory. I would be wiling to bet that most of you didn't have to look it up, or measure it before posting.
      I am an exception to that rule. And somehow I know that's a bad thing . . .

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess after fighting through the frustrating process of arrow tuning, when you finally get it right, those numbers are embedded in your head forever!

Comment

The problem for me in all of that is I haven't actually weighed any of the stuff or put my bows on a scale to see what they are at my DL so it's all ball park.

Comment

Black Widow PCH 48#@27". Stock BW Dynaflight 97 14 strand string. (BTW, string is important too!)

29" Carbon Express Heritage 150s. (500 spine)
            50gr GT adapter weights
            3 x 4" Parabilic Truflight feathers
            175 gr Zwickey Delta 2 blade broadheads.

Comes out to 540gr for the total arrow setup, or 11.25 gpp.
            This set up will NEVER work! doesnt have enough green in it..........

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
              This set up will NEVER work! doesnt have enough green in it..........

Yeah... all that brown faux wood between the green head and green feathers really does throw it off

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

I am shooting Gold tip Hunter 340 spine 30.25"
                175 or 190 Simmons arrow weight 477 and 492 grain.
                48 lb @ 28. 50 lb at my draw

Comment

70# cedars 125 point weight 52@31

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Toelke Whip. 68ish lbs @ 32", 34" .260 spine Easton Axis, with 75 gr brass HIT inserts and 190 gr Simmons TreeSharks and a 5 grain collar. I use 200 gr field points for target practice. Total arrow weight on a scale is ~700 grains.

Comment

Thanks to all who responded. Swamp Rabbit is right. I know my two sets better then memory serves. I have been thinking about trying some other combos for my new to me hummingbird. Got a lot of different ideas here. Just have to find the right one for the lighter draw bow. The current 525 grain Nugents shoot well, just looking for something with a little flatter trajectory, the 600's are okay, but not satisfied with the flight just yet.

Comment

Easton axis 300
                        30” draw
                        125gr slick trip or ram cat
                        70#
                        total arrow wt 508gr

Comment

It's not an easy choice. I lie a flatter trajectory but at 20 yards and in its not AS critical. However a heavier arrow can quiet a bow, reduce hand shock. Especially tough with lower poundage and short DLs.

Comment

"Especially tough with lower poundage and short DLs." -Exactly
                            Since this bow is lighter draw I do not want to overload or push something to heavy and loose whatever energy I may be getting out of my 27" draw, but I also want to keep as much mass moving as possible. there is a fine line somewhere in there.

Comment

Bemon ICS Hunter 400, Blazer vanes, Easton 3-d super nock, 29in, 100 Rage hypo.

Comment

Originally posted by dwoody View Post
                                Bemon ICS Hunter 400, Blazer vanes, Easton 3-d super nock, 29in, 100 Rage hypo.
                                Curious what traditional bow are you shooting and getting good accuracy and arrow flight with using Blazer vanes? Might get ok flight using a flip away rest.

Comment

Working...
                                X