Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chaparral Archery Dec 5 - 8

Any other TBHers get drawn on the chap?

I'll be arriving Monday, staying at the campground. Excited to be going back!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

BUMP! There must be some fellow TBH'ers attending, hopefully! I'm anxious about which compartment we will end up with, last time I hunted, I had first choice and took Ano Nuevo, and that was a mistake! Way way too thick!

Comment

I had planned to go on standby, but they are only gonna draw one card for each of the either sex hunts this year. Will wait till better odds.

good luck on the hunt.

Comment

Good luck, in for the pics

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck! I'll be there for the January hunt

Comment

I'll be there tomorrow. I have never hunted there before. Tried to draw standby several times. Talked to the manager- he said no big deer this year- affected by the drought of 2011-2012. Anyone have suggestions on an area?

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
              Any other TBHers get drawn on the chap?

I'll be arriving Monday, staying at the campground. Excited to be going back!

Any hunts you DIDN'T get drawn for this year?

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                Any hunts you DIDN'T get drawn for this year?
                Man, I don't know how I was so lucky this year, especially with being able to attend them all. I'll never be able to hunt this many ever again until I retire if I'm able. My 73yr old father has made them all with me. Good memories with the man that taught me.

I applied for alot last year and this year. Ive yet to be drawn on a rifle hunt. The last one I went on was at the Chap in 2014

Comment

Im coming for the standby drawing. One card. Ouch. Been putting in for 34 years and never been drawn so lucks gotta change soon or going to be too old to hunt. .

Comment

Heading over there shortly today from Laguna. Saw a dozen deer (few in range) and a boat load of Javelina, and a handful coyotee (2 15 yard broadside!)--> basically everything I could not shoot.

Only saw one Nilgi from the road, tried to stalk up on it after going to park, but that was no bueno. Cool place though, learned a lot. Think in the future I would just enter gun/archery deer + nilgi, instead of just exotic. Had shooting chances at one nice buck, and multiple does.

Will be the first time at Chap, staying in the camping grounds.

Comment

Originally posted by merlin View Post
                      I'll be there tomorrow. I have never hunted there before. Tried to draw standby several times. Talked to the manager- he said no big deer this year- affected by the drought of 2011-2012. Anyone have suggestions on an area?
                      The manager helped destroy the age class by continuing to harvest large numbers of spikes during the drought years.

Comment

I’m here in the RV campground. This is my first time to hunt Chaparral WMA after many years of putting in for the draw. Anyone else ruffing it in an RV for this hunt? ��

Comment

If I get drawn I'll be roughing it in my truck but have to get drawn first. Hope you brought corn.

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                            Man, I don't know how I was so lucky this year, especially with being able to attend them all. I'll never be able to hunt this many ever again until I retire if I'm able. My 73yr old father has made them all with me. Good memories with the man that taught me.

I applied for alot last year and this year. Ive yet to be drawn on a rifle hunt. The last one I went on was at the Chap in 2014

Went on a rifle hunt two years ago at the chap. After hunting east Texas for several years my mind was blown seeing so many solid bucks. I shot a good 10-point the first hunt (130, 19-inch spread), then had to pass on a gorgeous 10 later in the week that was probably sniffing 150. Good luck this week!

Comment

Originally posted by Beleg View Post
                              I’m here in the RV campground. This is my first time to hunt Chaparral WMA after many years of putting in for the draw. Anyone else ruffing it in an RV for this hunt? [emoji41]
                              I'm here settling in. ISO a 240V to 30amp adapter for generator to rv. Heading to Cotulla now to waste my time not finding one at this hour. [emoji41]

Comment

Working...
                              X