2015 Lake Grapevine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015 Lake Grapevine

Seeing how its nearly June, I thought it was about time to ring in the 2015 hunting thread! Getting ready to renew my general hunting permit, then the deer draw! Anyone else ready for this rain to stop so the creeks are actually passable?!

Do you know when the deer draw apps are due? I'm sure the overgrowth is ridiculous out there right now!

Comment

I think the first day for apps is June 1st

Comment

I wonder when the website will be updated with the hunting info.

Comment

They have bigger issues right now. Water is starting to pour over the spillway, Golf course might flood, all the parks are flooded, and some of the houses around the lake are starting to take on water. In my opinion, I would think they postpone it.

Comment

They are issuing permits and deer lottery today.

Comment

first day for apps

Can anyone confirm its today? June 1?

Comment

I got mine at 8 this morning

Comment

I wonder if it's better odds to wait a little bit to apply.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                    I wonder if it's better odds to wait a little bit to apply.
                    The general and waterfowl permits are first-come-first-serve, so I would go this week to pick them up. I heard they're almost out. I doubt the timing would make much difference on the deer draw.

Comment

2015-2016 Permits

I'm one of those who got there early. I was there over an hour early just to be sure. Didn't know how many they'd give this year.

Comment

Just picked up my permits and deer lottery number.

There were about 375 general permits left, about 30 waterfowl permits left, and they were on #275 for the deer lottery numbers when I left.

There were at least 10 guys there when I left. Lots getting the waterfowl permits and general permits. The waterfowl permits will be gone today I bet. If you want one better go get it today.

Comment

great guns, they are going fast. I will head up tomorrow in hopes of getting general permit.

Comment

Nice lady at the front desk said everything is going quick this year. Just picked mine up, #312 for the deer lotto and #474 for general.

FYI, no need to put 3 other hunters down on the same application in hopes of it increasing your odds, 1 or 4 hunters, you have the same opportunity of being drawn.

I believe I saw something that said deer applications are accepted until July 31st, results posted on/by August 23rd.

Comment

Just called the office, all waterfowl permits are gone. just over 300 general permits left.

Comment

Working...
                              X