Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clark98ut View Post
    We drew A and F (even though we applied together), and were told we could hunt together in either area.
    there is a large two person blind at F that you can both hunt in together. bring chairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
      there is a large two person blind at F that you can both hunt in together. bring chairs.
      Where's that blind at? I've spent more time up in A during scouting season than I have F. I never saw a blind near F though.

Thanks,

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by clark98ut View Post
        Where's that blind at? I've spent more time up in A during scouting season than I have F. I never saw a blind near F though.

Thanks,

Dan
        you cant miss it if you are anywhere near the cone marked F. it wasnt there during scouting season but it's there now.

Comment

Gotcha. That explains why I hadn't seen it.

Comment

Looked all around F for that blind and never spotted it.

Comment

my bad, thought you were hunting unit 7. that's where the blind is.

Comment

Haha...no problem. At least I know I'm not blind or crazy now.

Comment

get off work at noon then heading out!!

Comment

Didn't see a thing today. Weather was pretty miserable.

Comment

Me and 2 buddies got to unit 2 around 1:30 this afternoon. The guy hunting blind 3 on unit 2 saw a small buck but could not get a shot off. Drizzled most of the day then cleared up for about 30 minutes, then the thick fog came about 5:00pm. Back at it early a.m. On a side note we are staying at the Rio Bonito rv park in a cabin, very nice and clean. About 15 miles from our unit. I would definitely stay here again. I will try to post again tomorrow evening.

Comment

good luck to everyone hunting out there this weekend.

Comment

In two days of hunting the only four-legged critter I've seen is a cottontail.

Comment

Took a year and a half old doe this morning about 7:45. Nothing this evening. Back at it again in the morning.

Comment

Got a 5 point this morning. Saw 1 hog but could not gat a shot off. Packed it up after morning hunt and headed home. Took my deer to brezadines processing in bertram, anyone ever take there deer their? Back to work tomorrow....

Comment

Wife and I struck out. Nothing on Day 3 either.

Comment

Working...
                                X