Are there Vortex Fakes out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there Vortex Fakes out there?

I found a smoking good deal on an Vortex AMD. I just want to make sure they haven't started making fakes of Vortex`s yet.

How smoking is smoking and where did you find the deal?

There was probably fakes before they are even released..lol

Comment

Yeah c'mon with the sweet deal??

Comment

There are fakes everywhere of anything that commands a decent price...goes for binos ,scopes, guitars, everything and anything you can make a buck off of.

Comment

Deal is from an individual on one scope.

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
            Deal is from an individual on one scope.
            Have him send pics the markings on it, and do some googling on how to ID a fake for that model.

Also, only pay via PayPal, NOT Paypal gift, tell him you will pay the extra few % to CYA

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
              I found a smoking good deal on an Vortex AMD. I just want to make sure they haven't started making fakes of Vortex`s yet.
              The Chinese have cloned everything, including Vortex scopes. Just go look on Ebay for optics and various shooting accessories (ATLAS bipods, scope mounts, etc...). Since certain Vortex product lines are already made in China and the Philippines, not that difficult to create fakes and unload onto the US market.

Do the homework and research what you're buying, request pics and confirm authentication with the manufacturer.

Comment

? So when they put out these fakes, are they just made to look the same or are they actually made the same inside and out? ...or is it just a crap-shoot?

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
                  ? So when they put out these fakes, are they just made to look the same or are they actually made the same inside and out? ...or is it just a crap-shoot?
                  The exterior is made to look the same ; as the glass, internals, & assembled parts are cheap, cheap, cheap. These cloned optics first started showing up in 2001 with the following company names: Celestron, Swift, Burris, Bushnell, Swarovski, Simmons, Walther, BSA, Zeiss, and others. SAM optics (Chinese company) applied for naming rights patents for 19 different companies.

Leupold spent lots of money trying to protect their name and products. I'm pretty sure they got no where since more and more copied products continue to come out of China and surface on the inet.

Leupold MK IV riflescopes were some of the first optics cloned

fake Aimpoint M2

check out the LEUPOLD LCO's listed on Ebay
                  https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...CO&_sacat=7301
                  Real $699 … fake $74

$79 Zeiss - ridiculous .. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carl-Zeiss-...LH_TitleDesc=0

Comment

Working...
                  X