BLM Lands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You won't find any BLM land in Texas.

When Texas entered the Union in 1845 it was with the stipulation that the state would control all their public lands.

Most were sold or given away before the coming of the 20th century.

There is Federal land here of course. LBJ Grasslands comes to mind.

Comment

I know about the Grasslands. But thought there was some public lands near red river. I know in OK there are lots more public lands.

Comment

Most BLM lands are open to the public for hunting and target shooting. Check with the BLM office that manages the area you want to hunt, and they can give you the information you need. I wouldn't hunt alone.

Comment

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
          Most BLM lands are open to the public for hunting and target shooting. Check with the BLM office that manages the area you want to hunt, and they can give you the information you need. I wouldn't hunt alone.

Why do you say that about the hunting alone? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HdFilmmaker View Post

Strength in #'s, its good to have someone that has your back on any public land, locals can get pretty nasty.

Comment

If you're looking for a good map for hunting BLM and public land, I've heard ONXMAPS has a great app for your phone. You can download the app for free, but have to purchase the overlays. I've also heard that they can get pretty accurate (down to a few feet or less) when it comes to private land boundaries. Seen a few hunting videos lately where hunters have said they were able to get out of tickets from Game Wardens by using ONXMAPS to prove they were not on private land.

Comment

Originally posted by HdFilmmaker View Post

Plus, it's always a good idea to have someone with you when you're that far out in the boonies. If you get hurt out in the middle of nowhere, there you are...

I hunt with a group of guys that had someone run a skinning knife down into their thigh on a hunting trip (several years ago). He was cleaning a deer and slipped. Something simple like that could go bad if you're by yourself.

Comment

Working...
                X