Colorado PP Draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorado PP Draw

My plans to take my first Colorado elk hunt this fall recently got derailed when my wife found out she's pregnant with our first kiddo and due in late Sept. I'm now planning to put in and acquire a few preference points (elk and mule deer), but I want to make sure I'm not about to drop $850 just for PPs. I know CO changed their draw/refund/PP system this year, so just want to double check. Any help is appreciated.

To get an elk PP you'll basically have to pay for a cow tag and a habitat stamp upfront. You'll get the license fee back (469 bucks) after the draw. If you didn't have a Colorado license for 2015 they'll take another 40 bucks out of your refund.

If you want a deer PP too, you'll pay $379 that you'll get back minus another $40 if you didn't hold a license last year.

So to get a PP for both species you'll pay $858 (including the non refundable $10 habitat stamp) and you'll get $768 back after the draw if you didn't have a Colorado license (fishing, hunting, anything) for 2015. If you held a 2015 license you'll get back $848.

Comment

Haven't done it yet this year, but in the past if you didnt check the box you wouldnt get the refund. i should have enough points to draw for sure this year, so hopefully I wont have to worry about it!

Comment

How did their system change?

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
          How did their system change?

What do you mean?

Comment

The draw system didn't change that I'm aware of. The refund system for those wanting to return a tag they had drawn is what changed. You now have to return the tag 30 days before the season instead of anytime before the season begins.

Comment

Working...
            X