Cuddeback problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuddeback problems

Just checked my new cuddeback (f series, I believe) for the second time, and same as last, no pictures. Getting pretty annoyed with it, as I can visibly see tracks and more sign in front of it. I pointed the camera more downward before I left this time, but has anybody else experienced problems like this?

Ttt

Comment

Ttt

Comment

New cuddebacks are a POS....tried both years models and they suck!

Returned them and wont buy again

Nothing like the cuddebacks from 4-5 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
          New cuddebacks are a POS....tried both years models and they suck!

Returned them and wont buy again

Nothing like the cuddebacks from 4-5 years ago
          Had two of em and they finally bit the dust. Guess the new ones going back to cabelas.

Comment

toss some corn out in front. that way if it is gone you know for a FACT that they werent running by and it is all on the camera. I almost purchased a Cuddeback this year but went with the browning recon force. I havent had any issues yet....keyword is yet BUT it seems as if you had problems with a new camera quicker than i have. I opened the camera up and noticed it had a 2 inch screen too and then looked on the package and sure enough, it says it has a screen. I say that because i cant find anywhere on their website where it talks about a screen. The screen lets you go through the pics and delete them but that would take forever so I just used it to show me what the view of the camera is when I was setting it up and I have moved it 3 times it that was a lifesaver as far as being quick.

...not really on topic but just some info on my experience to help you decide on what to do next

Comment

Bought one 5yrs ago . It's by far the best camera I've owned, still works great just like the first time I used it. I was thinking of buying a new one but after all the bad reviews I guess I'll look elsewhere .

Comment

Originally posted by NatureBoy View Post
                toss some corn out in front. that way if it is gone you know for a FACT that they werent running by and it is all on the camera.
                There was 50lbs last week...
                25lbs today.

the only pictures I've gotten from the cam are of me, each time I've checked it.
                This has happened twice, AFTER my 4y/o cudde failed to work this year . Just went and bought the same brand because I was familiar and they're simple to use. Time to start shopping.

Comment

Originally posted by nTxKilla View Post
                  25lbs today.

the only pictures I've gotten from the cam are of me, each time I've checked it.
                  This has happened twice, AFTER my 4y/o cudde failed to work this year . Just went and bought the same brand because I was familiar and they're simple to use. Time to start shopping.
                  Tried moving it the first time I checked it and got nothing. This time I pointed it more downward. Maybe it has a higher detection zone to keep from capturing varmints(?)

Comment

Dad bought 2 Cuddebacks last year and they are junk both stop taking pics. Were only out during season the put up and put back out afew weeks ago and no pics I saw 8 hogs under the feeder and in front of cam and still no pics.

Comment

Originally posted by nTxKilla View Post
                      25lbs today.

welp, goodluck on your shopping. its always a terrible feeling when you get a new cam out and wait a few weeks and then find out that it wasnt working, especially if its at the peak of the rut.

Comment

Send the older ones in for repairs, they will make good. I have had one the LED screen went blank, repaired it at their cost. No issues with pics. There is an adjustment for sensitivity, might want to adjust that before you do anything else.

Comment

Working...
                        X