How to cook ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to cook ribs

I'm planning to cook baby back ribs for my wife's birthday party Saturday. What is the best way to cook them do they are tender and juicy.

Smoke for about 2-3 hrs at about 225* then I cut them put in pan covered back on pit with bbq sauce and about 1/2 a beer for about another 2-3 hours or until as tender as you want.

Comment

Electric smoker ( brinkmans from academy)
      No foil for 45 min then wrapped in foil for 2.45 min with a good rub it is unbelievably easy and good

Comment

Smoke 3 hours at 225, wrap in foil and put meat side down for 3 hours at 225, remove from foil with 15 minutes left, turn meat side up, and glaze with your favorite sauce. let them rest on a wooden cutting board for about 10 minutes before cutting them. I do competitions so when i do my ribs i add sweeteners when I wrap them, but for back yard ribs i just use a dry rub then wrap them half way through. I normally wont even glaze my back yard ribs. good luck, let us know how it turns out for ya!

Comment

These are my comp ribs from last weekend, hit 4th out of 28 with them. Same exact recipe also hit 16th out of 184 at nationals last year.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
            These are my comp ribs from last weekend, hit 4th out of 28 with them. Same exact recipe also hit 16th out of 184 at nationals last year.
            That is some dang fine looking ribs, sir!!!

Comment

well, i can tell you how texas roadhouse makes their "fall off the bone ribs". I used to moonlight bartending there a couple years ago.

they stand their ribs up, two racks, leaning against each other. they are elevated above a pan of water about 1/2 inch deep, with a bit of liquid smoke type stuff mixed in the water. covered with foil.

put in the oven for 3 hrs at 325 degrees.

pulled, and slathered with bbq sauce and thrown on the grill for only 5 min per side, just to carmalize the bbq sauce on it.

that's it. and they're delicious in my opinion. basically, you're steaming the ribs in the pan.. because the bones are facing downwards, the steam enters the bone and loostens the connective tissue holding the meat to the bone. thus, "fall off the bone ribs"

once i saw how they do it, i tried it at home and had the same exact results as texas roadhouse.... it works.

now don't tell anyone because i'll probably get sued by them.

Comment

I would listen to him.

I am taking a slab out this weekend and throw on the UDS

Comment

Smoke 3 hours at 225, wrap in foil and put meat side down for 3 hours at 225, remove from foil with 15 minutes left, turn meat side up, and glaze with your favorite sauce. let them rest on a wooden cutting board for about 10 minutes before cutting them. I do competitions so when i do my ribs i add sweeteners when I wrap them, but for back yard ribs i just use a dry rub then wrap them half way through. I normally wont even glaze my back yard ribs. good luck, let us know how it turns out for ya!
                  This is pretty much how I do mine as well and they come out really good

Comment

What TC said sounds like a winner to me. That's almost the same as I do mine. Mine don't look as good as TC's though.

Comment

Smoke @ 225-250 for 3hrs. No foil needed. they will fall apart in your hands. I usually put the sauce, I prefer them without, on them about 10-15minutes before I take them off the grill.

Just an FYI but a well cooked piece of meat is an irresistible aphrodisiac. No pun intended...

These are pork spare ribs which I tend to cook a little longer to make sure they get really tender.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by In-Yo-Grill; 03-18-2014, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Don't forget to pull off the membrane, I think its called "siverskin", before you do anything? I use a needle nose plier.

Comment

start our boiling them in a large pot of water. after about an hour take them out and cook in the oven with sauce for about two more hours at 400 deg.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                            start our boiling them in a large pot of water. After about an hour take them out and cook in the oven with sauce for about two more hours at 400 deg.:d
                            blasphemy...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RODEO View Post
                              Don't forget to pull off the membrane, I think its called "siverskin", before you do anything? I use a needle nose plier.
                              If you have a catfish skinning plier in your fishing tackle arsenal, those work great also.

Comment

Working...
                              X