No announcement yet.

E-POSTCARD Hunt Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if I applied for the draw hunts and I didn't buy the APH, I have 0% chance of getting drawn this year. Or can I go purchase it now and still be good for the hunts that havent drawn yet?

Comment

Originally posted by flyinstroke View Post
      So if I applied for the draw hunts and I didn't buy the APH, I have 0% chance of getting drawn this year. Or can I go purchase it now and still be good for the hunts that havent drawn yet?
      This year. They wont even let u apply without having an Aph on record. Atleast i couldnt apply until i bought the new one

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fthoodtanker View Post
        This year. They wont even let u apply without having an Aph on record. Atleast i couldnt apply until i bought the new one

Is it included with the Super Combo? Thats allI have and it let me apply for the hunts.

Comment

Mine was not included with super combo had to purchase separately.

Comment

You don't need the APHP to apply for any of the drawn hunts except for the e-postcard hunts. Never have.

Many of the hunting areas/WMA's offer hunting opportunities other than just the draw hunts. To utilize these opportunities, you have always needed the APHP permit (was once called the Type II permit). This goes back to the 90's if not earlier.

Then, they started postcard hunts several years ago on some of the hunts on some of the areas to limit the number of folks showing up for a hunt. Didn't cost anything to apply, you just sent in a postcard to be included in a drawing (completely separate from the draw hunts, didn't cost anything to apply, didn't cost anything if you were drawn).

When they came out with the new computer system several years ago, they just included the postcard hunts with the draw hunts.

For the past few years, you could apply for the postcard hunts without having bought the APHP permit ahead of time. Then, if you were drawn for the hunt, you could just go buy the required APHP permit. So, it was required for the hunt, but not for the drawing. The result of that was everybody applied because it didn't cost anything.

For this year, they made it a requirement that you had to buy the APHP permit first before you could apply for the postcard hunts. That's the only change. You don't need it to apply for the non-postcard hunts.

Comment

Have the post-card hunts been around longer than the draw hunts? There are still some regular post card hunts that exist, they haven't all gone electronic-postcard yet.
              Last edited by bossbowman; 09-10-2018, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ABWGTX View Post
                E-Post Archery Deer Big Lake Bottom WMA 9/28/2018 - 10/7/2018
                &
                E-Post Archery Deer James Daughtrey WMA 11/5/2018 - 11/23/2018

I was the one that started this post about wondering if APH permits would effect the E-Post chances...... Chosen for TWO Hunts. And Zero before!
                And more E-Post drawing to go.
                Don't win nothing for years got another email for a 2nd chance

Your application was selected for:

Category: E-Postcard Archery Deer
                Area: Keechi Creek WMA
                Hunt Period: 11/16/2018 - 11/25/2018

Comment

Originally posted by ABWGTX View Post
                  Don't win nothing for years got another email for a 2nd chance

Your application was selected for:

Category: E-Postcard Archery Deer
                  Area: Keechi Creek WMA
                  Hunt Period: 11/16/2018 - 11/25/2018
                  Nice! Congratulations!

Comment

I also don't mind paying for the Public Permit ahead of time. I hunt mostly public anyways. If anything, it forces people who are on the fence to make that decision quickly and not jam up the drawing process.

Comment

My first time applying for hunts and I snagged Granger. Lots of mixed reviews on that land so I’m eager to get out there and see it for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a question. I applied for some e-postcard waterfowl hunts. There are several different dates to choose from and you get a first, second and third choice. There is also an "any" choice. If you choose "any" does it put you in for a chance at all the hunt dates or just one?

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
                          I have a question. I applied for some e-postcard waterfowl hunts. There are several different dates to choose from and you get a first, second and third choice. There is also an "any" choice. If you choose "any" does it put you in for a chance at all the hunt dates or just one?
                          When you get selected in will apply your choice of dates until dates are full. If you choose any it will give you the first available dates that work. You don't get entries for each set of dates. Just one entry.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                            When you get selected in will apply your choice of dates until dates are full. If you choose any it will give you the first available dates that work. You don't get entries for each set of dates. Just one entry.
                            Ok, thanks. I was hoping that you could enter for all available dates thereby improving your chances of being selected for at least one date.

Comment

Originally posted by travisn321 View Post
                              My first time applying for hunts and I snagged Granger. Lots of mixed reviews on that land so I’m eager to get out there and see it for myself.

You do any good at Granger this year?

Comment

Anybody got some numbers on the total number of entries applied for the hunts?

Comment

Working...
                                X