No announcement yet.

Live Oak help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water it but only a a couple gallons a day by slow trickle with hose. Give it 1/2 of a 5 gallon bucket of miracle grow per week for next 4 weeks.

You can scratch a limb with your finger nail to see if green. It will probably loose its leaves but I say it will live

Comment

As mentioned above, if it drops the leaves, it may be okay and if it doesn't then it's not a good sign.

Also, do the knife thing by cutting the bark to see if its green.

Since, you planted it in April, many places have a 1-year warranty on trees so that might be a better option. Plant the new one this fall when it's dormant so it will put all its energy in the roots in preparation for the spring.

Comment

Well lookie there. I water it twice, all the brown leaves drop, and we have new green growth two days later.
        Attached Files

Comment

Awesome! Now take the t-post and wire supports off the larger live oak and move it further from the house. Also, be prepared for your sidewalk and driveway to settle and/or lift 10-15 years from now. If you don't move the other Live Oak at least take everything off it and let the grass grow up to the trunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
            Awesome! Now take the t-post and wire supports off the larger live oak and move it further from the house. Also, be prepared for your sidewalk and driveway to settle and/or lift 10-15 years from now. If you don't move the other Live Oak at least take everything off it and let the grass grow up to the trunk.

This guy knows his trees!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BmacBmac1 View Post
              This guy knows his trees!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Yep!

Comment

Working...
              X