Food Plots - SE Panhandle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food Plots - SE Panhandle

We hunt in Foard County and have been feeding protein year round for the last 3 years and just started cottonseed this month thru August. I've always liked the idea of food plots but but for one reason or another never gotten around to planting. That being said, we are planting this Spring and Fall and would like to find out what you guys have had good experience with planting in our region and what do you fence off with (regular barb wire, electric, hog wire, etc). Also, any leads on someone you recommend for tractor work/custom planting.
    We have a mix of river bottom, canyons, and mesquite flats and will most likely plant eight 3-4 acre plots throughout. Fortunately access to water is not a problem should we need it. I'd appreciate any advice or recommendations y'all can offer. Thanks.

Anyone?

Comment

my buddies place is in foard and they plant whet or oats. im leaning towards wheat and they do well when it rains.

Comment

^^^ wheat or oats in fall

spring you could do sunflowers and milo (millet), okra, lab lab, cowpeas.

deer will hit the sunflowers and milo plus it brings in the birds

Comment

Working...
        X