X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Thursday)

Daily Bible Portion – 5 of 7
    "DESTROYER"

(Weekly Reading>>Numbers 22:2 to 25:9, Micah 5:6 to 6:8, Jude 1-25, 2 Peter 2:1-22, Revelation 2:14-15)

When God spoke His commandments, take Sabbath for example, his voice came from the mountain and shook the entire mountain. Rocks were split asunder, animals gave birth, and everyone was sorely afraid. Even Moses was full of fear and trembling, the Scripture says. The people begged Moses to go up on the mountain and receive God's instruction because they feared the sound of His voice. Today, many of our brethren dispute the very words spoken by God at the Mountain. They are not even afraid of what they are saying. They should be afraid. They should be very afraid. They are not afraid because they have never heard the voice of God, but there is a day coming when they will. Remember the warning written in Hebrews.

Hebrews 10:28, 31 “Anyone who has set aside the Law of Moses dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

Moses and Paul instructed us that faith comes from hearing. Moses said, Hear O Israel. And Paul said that the faith that is counted for righteousness is modeled after our father Abraham. The base teaching of our New Covenant faith is the Torah. Without it, we have no basis for Jesus the Messiah . The prophets have said that the Messiah will teach us Torah in the kingdom. It has not been set aside or done away with by Him.

Micah 4:2 “And many nations will come and say, Come and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord and to the house of the God of Jacob, that He may teach us about His ways and that we may walk in His paths. For from Zion will go forth the law, even the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.”

The church is teaching Balaam and denying the teaching of Moses. They are misrepresenting Paul and the purpose for Christ’s coming. I do not believe that the church understands what they are saying. The reason for my understanding is supplied by the Apostle Peter. They are unstable and untaught. If they continue, they will twist the teaching to their own destruction.

Micah 6:2-8 “Hear, O mountains, the Lord’s accusation; listen, you everlasting foundations of the earth. For the Lord has a case against his people; he is lodging a charge against Israel. I brought you up out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery. I sent Moses to lead you, also Aaron and Miriam. My people, remember what Balak king of Moab counseled and what Balaam son of Beor answered. Remember your journey from ****tim to Gilgal, that you may know the righteous acts of the Yahweh. He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does Yahweh require of you? To act justly and to love mercy (Torah) and to walk humbly with your God.”

2 Peter 2:1-22 “But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them – bringing swift destruction on themselves. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up… This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority… They have left the straight way and wandered off to follow the way of Balaam son of Beor, who loved the wages of wickedness.”

A Brief Look at Church History

Shamefully the history of the church is not as undefiled as we have been led to believe. History reveals that Hellenistic wisdom and the spirit of anti-Christ flourished in the second century. We find that Polycarp, an early witness of God’s truth died as a martyr (155 CE) for faithfully speaking against Easter worship and for upholding the Biblical observance of Passover.

Ignatius the Bishop of Antioch, declared in his letter to the Magnesians (AD 115): “No longer live for the Sabbath but for the Lord’s Day.” This was echoed in the Didache, a manual of church instruction in 120 CE.

In 140 CE, Marcion used his authority in the fledgling church to change the truth of Matthew 5:17 which clearly states that Yeshua came “to fulfill the law” (to bring it into its full purpose/completion) into his own personal interpretation, that it was no longer relevant and must be viewed as “done away with.”

Matthew 5:17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.”

“But” is not in the original. The Bridegroom is the goal of the Torah, just as marriage is the goal of betrothal. Marriage with our Bridegroom Jesus is the beginning of the Law of Righteousness, not the end.

continues tomorrow...

Preach on. Good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
    X