"Do it yourself" exotic hunt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Do it yourself" exotic hunt.

Me and some buddies have wanted to hunt exotics for awhile now. I am looking for an affordable exotic hunt with a little bit of a challenge. I have hunted whitetail my whole life, so I'm not looking to just walk up to an animal and shoot it. However, with that said, I still want to have a good opportunity to harvest something. I have looked into the public draw hunts, but from what I've read, the chances of getting drawn are slim. I have also read about paying a trespassing fee for Audad. I am keeping my options open and just seeing whats out there! Also, has anyone had experience with Hackberry Ranch? Thanks!

Following! Interested as well

Comment

Baker 3. Axis doe hunt is 350 for all you can shoot axis doe. 1200? I think for a buck. For an extra 50 you can sleep in the cabin. All low fence. They have a ton of axis, but you will have to earn it sneaking up on them. I've been 4 times and never not seen animals all day. They have several other animals, but I was always after axis. If you go during deer season a whitetail doe is included and turkey season a turkey is included.

Comment

Following for reviews on this ranch

Comment

their website looks pretty old, are you sure they are still around

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
            Baker 3. Axis doe hunt is 350 for all you can shoot axis doe. 1200? I think for a buck. For an extra 50 you can sleep in the cabin. All low fence. They have a ton of axis, but you will have to earn it sneaking up on them. I've been 4 times and never not seen animals all day. They have several other animals, but I was always after axis. If you go during deer season a whitetail doe is included and turkey season a turkey is included.
            Just got back from this hunt a month or so ago. Shot 3 axis doe in 4 days of hunting. Hard hunting but well worth it.

Comment

Never hunted there but I have driven on Hackberry road a time or two and seen some incredible Axis. I hunt not far from there.

Comment

Originally posted by coon007 View Post
                their website looks pretty old, are you sure they are still around
                I think so I checked their facebook and it has some good recent reviews

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
                  In those 4 trips how many if any Axis did you kill?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    In those 4 trips how many if any Axis did you kill?
                    I killed none. I was hunting with a recurve and limited my shots to 15 yards. I had more shots than I can count t 40-60 yards. I was told by owner that I would have been the second person to kill with traditional.

Comment

dittos on baker 3

Comment

Following as well. Definitely interested in the same thing.

Comment

I have a high fence ranch I guide at in Italy, Tx. Message me what you're wanting, or interested in and I'll see what I can do for you!

Comment

Working...
                          X