No announcement yet.

Elk success!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks all, too those who say it is on your list of things to do. This hunt cost me just under $1000 bucks as many trips before to Colorado. So dont put it off too long. The cheapest way out is with 4 guys or how ever many you can fit in one truck. After years of doing this we have just about every thing we need, you buy a little each year and split the cost on large things like the tent. There are public lands every where so finding a spot is easy especialy in bow season. IMO the 3 main things you need are good boots, warm sleeping bag and BE IN SHAPE. Look up the Colorado dow and get started. Most units are over the counter tags that you buy when you get there (Wallmart). Any way dont keep making excusses for yourself if you are serious. Remember elk hunting is like a banana split it is good and you will enjoy it, for me each time I go it's life changing. And if you get one it is the cherry on top. So enjoy your banana split. Disclaimer state wide success rate for archery elk is 11%.

Comment

Nice elk

Comment

Congrats on a really nice bull.

Comment

Congrats. Nice Bull

Comment

Congrats! Nothing beats DIY! Great job!

Comment

Awesome! It's really cool to call them in like that. I called one in from about 500 yards for my buddy and he smoked it at 15 yards back in '02. I'm looking forward to going back soon. Congrats on a great elk!

Comment

That's an awesome DIY bull!

Comment

nice bull.....hopefully I can swing an elk hunt some day

Comment

Boo-Yah!!! Well done sir......well done!!!

Comment

VERY nice!! Congrats on a great bull!! Well done!

Comment

Congrats on the bow bull!!

Comment

awsome man

Comment

Congrats on the bull! Something I plan on doing one day.

Comment

Working...
                            X