Good bye bump stocks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good bye bump stocks.

President Donald Trump says he's signed a memo directing the Justice Department to propose regulations to "ban all devices" like bump stocks used in last year's Las Vegas massacre.

The president is making the announcement to curb the use of the rapid-fire devices during a ceremony recognizing bravery by the nation's public safety officers.

Trump is responding days after the shooting deaths of 17 people at a Florida high school. He's pointing to the need to propose regulations to ban the device that was used in the October shooting deaths of 58 people in Las Vegas.

White House officials say the president will be meeting with students, teachers and state and local officials to discuss ways of providing more school safety and address gun violence. Past efforts to address gun violence in Congress have failed.

Binary triggers are probably gone as well.

Comment

I don't know how to feel about that...part of me says if you give an inch they'll take a mile. But maybe if that compromise will in some way help in the long run it'll turn out ok. I don't have any answers as to how to fund it, but until there is armed security on all school campuses, and well trained armed security at that, I'm afraid the school shootings will continue.

Comment

slippery slope

Comment

I really hope he doesn't sell us out on this. I dang sure can't support it. The NRA seems to have his ear on this which means we may be screwed.

Comment

The common denominator isn't guns. It's kids raised on behaviour modifying drugs who become adults and go off their meds. Look back and it's almost universal in every one of these situations.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
              I don't know how to feel about that...part of me says if you give an inch they'll take a mile. But maybe if that compromise will in some way help in the long run it'll turn out ok. I don't have any answers as to how to fund it, but until there is armed security on all school campuses, and well trained armed security at that, I'm afraid the school shootings will continue.
              I feel the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                slippery slope
                X1000000000000000000

No way the law has been worked through enough in that time frame to not be a catch all.

Your finger is the firing device...

Comment

Originally posted by gunnyart View Post
                  the common denominator isn't guns. It's kids raised on behaviour modifying drugs who become adults and go off their meds. Look back and it's almost universal in every one of these situations.
                  x1000

Comment

Guess they will Ban Jerry Miculek next as he shoots faster than most machine guns.

Comment

I have no problem with a bump stock ban. Never even heard of it before the Vegas killings. I see no practical use for bump stocks in terms of hunting. I'm ok with it if it actually goes into law

Comment

Originally posted by Da' Hitman View Post
                        I have no problem with a bump stock ban. Never even heard of it before the Vegas killings. I see no practical use for bump stocks in terms of hunting. I'm ok with it if it actually goes into law

Good thing our rights aren't about your practical use in terms of hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Da' Hitman View Post
                          You do realize that the 2nd amendment was never about hunting. They assumed everyone would hunt because it was needed for living. It was about having the means necessary to overthrow a tyrannical government like they just did, or to protect it.

Just like the first amendment was never about nice, polite speech that everyone agrees with,......

Comment

Yep. You can make a bump stock out of a rubber band. Did it in college. Was fun for all of one magazine.

Comment

Easy way to fund it although most here will have a hissy fit. Would you rather pay for a school football team or pay to have your kids dafe ?

Comment

Working...
                              X