School Shootings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
    I love how everyone who is against the idea of teachers carrying throw out all of these wild scenarios yet there are schools that allow teachers to carry and exactly NONE of those “sky is falling” things have come to pass.
    It is no different than all the crap we had when open carry was coming...MANY members here were bawling at the very thought & I posted several times that it would be a yawn & challenged them to come back and admit their fail simply due to other states & no issues.

Crickets...

You present a solution that has shown validity, yet nobody is willing to allow the very educators the opportunity to defend their students if they wish?? I see this as no difference than allowing one's self to defend themselves with LTC.

Again, absurd rational. If these schools that allow it...show me the the issues you have with data!!

Comment

I don't think the left likes the way Trump is blaming these problems on mental problems.
      They want to strictly focus on guns as the problem.
      "The concept that mental illness is a precursor to violent behavior is nonsense,” said Dr. Louis Kraus, forensic psychiatry chief at Chicago’s Rush University Medical College. “The vast majority of gun violence is not attributable to mental illness.”

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
        I don't think the left likes the way Trump is blaming these problems on mental problems.
        They want to strictly focus on guns as the problem.
        "The concept that mental illness is a precursor to violent behavior is nonsense,” said Dr. Louis Kraus, forensic psychiatry chief at Chicago’s Rush University Medical College. “The vast majority of gun violence is not attributable to mental illness.”

While I agree that mental illness is the cause, be careful about what we wish for. Mental illness is a back door to gun control. They know they’re swinging for the fence with gun control, but they would have no problem settling for more restrictions based on mental illness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
          While I agree that mental illness is the cause, be careful about what we wish for. Mental illness is a back door to gun control. They know they’re swinging for the fence with gun control, but they would have no problem settling for more restrictions based on mental illness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Then comes the definitions. What defines mental illness.........Voting Democrat?.........Voting Republican?...........

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
            Then comes the definitions. What defines mental illness.........Voting Democrat?.........Voting Republican?...........
            Bingo. There are already places in this country where all that has to happen for due process to be subverted and your rights to be violated is for a family member or neighbor to report you being mentally unstable. Guess what a lot of people think constitutes mental instability? Owning a firearm.

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
              He’s made it pretty clear what he has against it. Out of every teacher I ever had, kindergarten through college I had (maybe) 2 that I would trust with a firearm if there was an active shooter drill. The majority of my teachers were middle aged women that probably couldn’t even load a gun, much less shoot one accurately during an active shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I didn't get male teachers until high school and they were all old and unfit.
              Only guy that could stop a kid was our shop teacher.
              He was badazz.
              Everyone else could easily be body slammed by one of us.
              Last edited by texansfan; 02-20-2018, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                Bingo. There are already places in this country where all that has to happen for due process to be subverted and your rights to be violated is for a family member or neighbor to report you being mentally unstable. Guess what a lot of people think constitutes mental instability? Owning a firearm.

I don't know how to solve the problem, but the mental health route is going to exclude a lot of people. Including people who frequent this site.

After you were out of work for an extended period of time, were you proscribed antidepressants?
                Ban

Did your wife suffer from postpartum depression after the birth of your children?
                Ban

Has you child been diagnosed with ADD or ADHD?
                Ban

Were you diagnosed with PTSD after serving your country?
                Ban

Do you know how many men, women and children in this country have been diagnosed with a "mental illness?"

You can bet that if you have ever seen a doctor and that doctor diagnosed you with anything found in the DSM(which is a lot of people) you will be disqualified from owning a firearm.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                  Everyone else could easily be body slammed by one of us.

Well if it isn’t Jack Bauer / Seal Team 6 / Rambo........

Comment

Touché!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
                      I don't know how to solve the problem, but the mental health route is going to exclude a lot of people. Including people who frequent this site.

After you were out of work for an extended period of time, were you proscribed antidepressants?
                      Ban

Did your wife suffer from postpartum depression after the birth of your children?
                      Ban

Has you child been diagnosed with ADD or ADHD?
                      Ban

Were you diagnosed with PTSD after serving your country?
                      Ban

Do you know how many men, women and children in this country have been diagnosed with a "mental illness?"

You can bet that if you have ever seen a doctor and that doctor diagnosed you with anything found in the DSM(which is a lot of people) you will be disqualified from owning a firearm.
                      and they can amend that list with the stroke of an activist judge's pen

Comment

No. None of those mentioned would run away if placed in a dangerous situation.

Comment

Where is was a cop the problem was the administrators of the school hiding the issues until it was almost to late.

The principal of the highschool took weapons off a kid like 8 times and never reported to us. He also had note books full of anger and threats the principal had taken from him.

He never called the parents or anyone finally the kid made a threat online and a parent of the target girl called us.

I contacted the principal and he showed me the stuff after I threatened to arrest him for interference. I had the kid arrested before the next morning so he couldn't follow thorough. He had detailed plans thank god for the parent of the target girl calling us.

The principal would have let it happen even though he knew the issues long before.

Schools want to hide this so they appear like better schools and then pay the price and people wonder why.

kronik by Diamond

Comment

FTR - I do not want armed security guards in schools. No way do I want my kids or future grandkids to feel like they need armed protection. That's stupid when the odds are so low.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              FTR - I do not want armed security guards in schools. No way do I want my kids or future grandkids to feel like they need armed protection. That's stupid when the odds are so low.
                              Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                                A 16 year old COULD neutralize her,but I doubt that he has the fortitude to continue advancing when she has her weapon drawn and is capable of firing 9 rounds at said student. Never said that she was a SEAL team member, but responding to your original statement that no "50 year old woman who reads books blah, blah, blah". You must not think any 50 year old lady can defend herself. I guarantee there are 50 year old women out there, that can whoop you, especially with a gun in their possession. And, if you think that you can beat a bullet or have the sack to continue after someone that has a pistol drawn on you, then you need to have your head checked and maybe we should be looking at you for mental health.

Anyway, as I stated earlier, your responses are misguided. Just another computer cowboy. Good day!

I said Good day!
                                Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                                Oh Jesus man
                                Your mom is not Rambo.
                                Cut it out.
                                If your mom doesnt flinch when someone is buzzing .223 by her head she needs to be an army ranger.

I'm just saying it takes VERY SPECIAL ppl to be able to move FORWARD when bullets and a wave of people are coming at them
                                With the way these four HIGHLY TACTICALLY TRAINED police officers hid and didn't run TOWARD the active shooter it looks like your mom should be SRO and get that $108k salary instead.

Or maybe we really do need Rambo on every campus if LEO are going to hide from bullets being thrown in their direction.

There is even a thread in ATC that confirms what I've been saying that current LEO know there have been folks in their dept that have run AWAY from bullets.

I think we should have an extensive stress test as part of the qualification for this CHL Teacher training

Comment

Working...
                                X