Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

frustrated with sub standard vacuum sealers... ideas ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
    oh lord...ya killin me...

actually, I am looking at the Vp215 model...
    I have one and use it for everything.

Comment

just got to convince the wife it is a good thing to get.

When I mentioned the price, she rolled her eyes at me...

Comment

I’ve given up on finding a good vacuum sealer. I just buy multiple cheap Foodsavers and treat them as disposable. Having three at sausage making also allows me to switch between them when one overheats due to sealing too many bags in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
          Weston
          I finally bought one 2 years ago. I was not as impressed as I thought for a $300+ sealer. I had many bags who did not seal well and did not suck all the air out. And month later got a little ice/freezer burn on parts of it.

Pretty disappointed as it sealed them on its own without getting all the air out

Comment

I have cabela's brand and it works great, one thing I definitely found out was bag quality counts !! The cheap store brands never worked well for me, I only use the foodsaver or Cabela's bags, cheapo wally world one's were hit and miss.

Comment

I have a vp215 on order from webstaurantstore.com for my mother in law for Christmas.
              Father in law told me to get if for her.
              It should be here on Wednesday. Webstaurantstore is the cheapest out there $679.

I am planning to order one for myself when my wife finishes grad school

Comment

oh lord...ya killin me...

actually, I am looking at the Vp215 model...
                Quit looking and press the order now button. You will not be disappointed!

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                  I have cabela's brand and it works great, one thing I definitely found out was bag quality counts !! The cheap store brands never worked well for me, I only use the foodsaver or Cabela's bags, cheapo wally world one's were hit and miss.
                  I hear ya... I tried all kinds of bags and nothing seemed to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
                    I have a vp215 on order from webstaurantstore.com for my mother in law for Christmas.
                    Father in law told me to get if for her.
                    It should be here on Wednesday. Webstaurantstore is the cheapest out there $679.

I am planning to order one for myself when my wife finishes grad school
                    I think I am gonna take the Cabelas 15" commercial grade back and see if they will price match for the VP215...with the 300 return...it won't hurt as bad.

Comment

Foodsavers suck, period. No Mo. Ever.

I've been through 3 at least and when this last one stops sealing, I'll likely go back to saran wrap and butcher paper. I don't go fishing much anymore and deer hunting is a thing of the past. Chickens, HB, steak, pork from the store will survive shorter term freezing.

Comment

I think I am gonna take the Cabelas 15" commercial grade back and see if they will price match for the VP215...with the 300 return...it won't hurt as bad.
                        I don't think cabelas keeps the vp215 in stock. you have to order them. Then pay sales tax too

I would just return the cabelas sealer and order the one from webstaurantstore

Comment

If there is ANY moisture where the seal is made, it won't stay sealed. I dry my meat with paper towels and fold up a dry one to put between the meat and where it seals. I have had no problem with the bags staying sealed since starting to do this.

Comment

Webstaurant has Vacmaster 350 on sale for $220 free shipping

Comment

I have a food saver and as long as I keep the gaskets changed it works fine for me.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                                Webstaurant has Vacmaster 350 on sale for $220 free shipping
                                that is a lot cheaper than Cabelas. tempting.

Comment

Working...
                                X