Lump Coal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lump Coal?

I have used Cowboy and B&B. Cowboys has a lot of small chunks. What do you use.

I have found the same with both. Either huge chunks or tiny pieces. Maybe that's just the way it is.

Comment

The B&B I've gotten from Academy has been pretty good. I like Royal Oak also.

Comment

I know growing up the stuff Santa brought was crap, and his switches weren’t any better.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
          I know growing up the stuff Santa brought was crap, and his switches weren’t any better.
          How about the box of rocks.

Comment

I think they are all about the same. Kinda like jerky the bigger the size bag you get the bigger the pieces. I normally use the HEB central market brand because they sell it at the grocery store we shop at. Have used other brands but never notice much of a difference.

Comment

I use the heb brand as well. I got two bags of cowboy last weekend and will never buy that crap again, very small pieces that burn up way to fast. I put one bag in the trash can.

Comment

I understand small pieces are not optimal, but they still cook.

Comment

Both bags 20#. I cut a 1/4" x 1/4" wire mesh and added it to the bottom of my egg and inside my started chimney, for the small chunks. As said Cowboys is junk! But it will burn!

Comment

Cowboy brand is not high quality for sure. I like HEB brand and B&B. I will start using B&B brand only, because txoutdoorsman24 works for them.
                    Last edited by Radar; 04-29-2018, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Kamado Joe

Comment

B & B mesquite

Comment

Big Green Egg brand i have found to be most consistent in size and clean burning, but by far most expensive. B&B is what I normally use.

Comment

Lump Reviews

I use Royal Oak from WalMart.

FYI, Big Green Egg Lump Charcoal is manufactured from Royal Oak.

Comment

Fogo.. huge chunks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X