Lake Fork Gator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Fork Gator

I thought I would post these up, as I was pretty excited to see this guy and get as close as I did to him... or her, whichever it is.

I was fishing with Lake Fork Guide, Jason Hoffman yesterday. I've been fishing with Jason several times a year since March of 2008. I've never seen a gator out there until yesterday. It was always "we saw a gator in here yesterday" kind of story. Anyway.... I thought I would share. Click to go bigger, and thanks for looking.

Wally Gator by Jay DeSimone, on Flickr

Pretty Grin by Jay DeSimone, on Flickr

I really screwed this shot up, somehow! How I got this out of focus at 15 feet away, is beyond me. I need to go back through the 50+ photos of him and see if I have a better close up of him, without a crop!

Gator by Jay DeSimone, on Flickr

Feed Me by Jay DeSimone, on Flickr

J

Awesome pics!

Comment

wow that is crazy my uncle is a guide there and has told me stories but never seen one my self

Comment

gator season is open. If you could find out who owns the land there and get permission, you could hunt him.

Comment

Awesome pics, awesome gator. I love the variety of wildlife we have in Texas. Only state you can hunt Bighorn (if you're lucky) in the mountains and Gator in the swamps!

Comment

Man that's cool!!

Comment

Dang that's a big ol gator. Fished lake Fork Friday night with Mud Shark. I sure wish we could have seen that big boy.

Comment

Jason is a great guy to fish with....cool pics

Comment

I would kill to get to harvest one on Rayburn. I know where 3 12+' Gators shack up and used to see them often. They are really getting plentiful enough there that I was seeing them in parent's back yard but could never get close enough to tag one.

Comment

Cool Pics of a Nice Gator

Comment

I have some pics of a Lake Fork gator I took back in the mid eighties. Its a cool story I'll have to tell sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTXHunter View Post
                        I would kill to get to harvest one on Rayburn. I know where 3 12+' Gators shack up and used to see them often. They are really getting plentiful enough there that I was seeing them in parent's back yard but could never get close enough to tag one.
                        There are some giants on Rayburn but no way to legally take one there. Maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Dugie View Post
                          Jason is a great guy to fish with....cool pics

Jason is good people to say the least. I've probably fished out of his boat(s) 15 + times at this point.

Thanks for all the comments.

J

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365601664.008401.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	24189990
                            Curious to know where you seen it?
                            Pm me if you'd like. This was taken March 16th.

Comment

We were up in Little Caney.

Comment

Working...
                              X