2 East Texas Culls? Also age on a buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 East Texas Culls? Also age on a buck

Need some opinions on these 3 deer. First is a 6 point. Will he always be a 6 or could he get better? Age?

Second is a spike, will he always be a spike? He is young.

Lastley, what do you think about this guy? He looks like he has some trash coming out the front. age?
    Last edited by Cur_Dog; 07-12-2012, 06:16 PM.

all look young except last one

Comment

Yea, the first 2 are young, i was just wondering if they should be whacked or let them grow. Not sure if they will ever be more than what they are now.

Comment

Great seeing you on the road last Friday...we will be doing the exact same thing come this Friday. Good luck to you this season.

Comment

Good luck to your guys too. It will be a couple of weeks before I head up there. Then I will be taking several days off.

Comment

ttt

Comment

With rain like we had this yr and as long as those spikes are Id shoot him, dont think the 6 will ever be more than an 8

Comment

I hunt in shelby County. Were these in shelby?

Comment

I hunt near Teneha creek close to the lake. Hunted there all my life. My dad lives on the lake just south of Huxley bay. You?

Comment

I hunt more in Joaquin area. We have about 200 acres off cr3000

Comment

I'm off of 139 and the Teneha creek bridge.

Been there on that lease for 10 years. hunted the NF since I was a kid. Getting some nice bucks these last few years.

I fish a bunch on the lake. A lot of the times we will hunt in the morning and fish in the evening.

I'm kin to about 1/3 of the people In the county
                      Last edited by Cur_Dog; 10-06-2010, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Yeah i lived in Joaquin for about 8 years so i know alot of people there. Who are you kin to?

Comment

Leave the first two, smoke the third !!! He is old enough to have better antlers than that !!!!

Comment

The spike is hard to say. Going by the first pic, he looks to be around 2.5 so in that case I would go ahead and take him along with the last one.

Comment

The first two would def. be culls on our lease. The last one looks 4 or 5 maybe more - he might be maxed out.

Comment

Working...
                              X