No announcement yet.

I Got A Fish Story For You!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite thing about fishing the salt, you never know what might end up on the other end of your line!

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
      You can call me whatever makes you feel better about yourself. Heck, you can even make fun of his hat if you want to. Game Warden was involved and fish was weighed at Dolfin Docks. Some lucky fans even got some steaks...
      I never called you anything. Calm down, buddy. I would seriously check into getting it into the record books. That would be a state record or a land based record. It would likely be a record that would never be broken. Big time bragging rights.

Comment

I'm impressed

Comment

Cool

Comment

He needs to buy a lottery ticket! Too cool,and Congrats to him.

Comment

Now that is cool

Comment

That's pretty darn cool right there!

So this is the 2nd summer in a row that a Pelagic offshore species, ended up in the South Texas surf.

Last summer, this guy was caught in the surf zone of PINS.

Comment

That's pretty cool.

Comment

I don't think using a redfish for bait is legal. Of course, that is not what he was doing. So the record books might not allow it. I sure would try though.

Comment

Never even heard of anything like that...that's just crazy cool lol.

Comment

That is awesome! Congrats to the lucky fisherman. He has a lifelong memory!

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                          That's pretty darn cool right there!

So this is the 2nd summer in a row that a Pelagic offshore species, ended up in the South Texas surf.

Last summer, this guy was caught in the surf zone of PINS.

Actually the Sailfish are a little more common than you think. We use to see juvenile Sails around BobHall Pier every once in a while during the green water days of summer. A Sword though is just crazy as they spend most of their time in DEEP water or coming up on moon lit nights. Crazy to think!

Comment

That's a pretty cool story.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                              Actually the Sailfish are a little more common than you think. We use to see juvenile Sails around BobHall Pier every once in a while during the green water days of summer. A Sword though is just crazy as they spend most of their time in DEEP water or coming up on moon lit nights. Crazy to think!
                              Yes, sails work 20 - 30ft water regularly and cruise the first 500 yards of sand, but to catch it bare handed in a hard running surf - no bait, THAT'S BADD ***!

Kite rigged sails off South Florida beaches in the winter.....they run pretty close to the sand there.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                                Yes, sails work 20 - 30ft water regularly and cruise the first 500 yards of sand, but to catch it bare handed in a hard running surf - no bait, THAT'S BADD ***!

Kite rigged sails off South Florida beaches in the winter.....they run pretty close to the sand there.
                                Yeah. That is pretty awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X