Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabin is under construction. Should be done by friday. So now you know where I'll be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those heaters will run great on jet fuel. Shouldn't cost more than $5/gal. Burns as clean or cleaner than kerosene.

Comment

Nice looking cabins, everyone.
      I need to put a porch on ours. We are talking about adding another room for a kitchen/bathroom.

Comment

Nice cabins here

Comment

Our little cabin is totally off grid so any power comes from a generator. Over the years we progressed from kerosene heat to wood heat and finally a propane fired Dearborn heater as it was cleaner, easier.

Comment

Those of you who have built these can you show pics of your bathroom and kitchen?

Can you insulate them with block foam?
            Or is spray foam the way to go?

Comment

Also, what did y'all do about floors?
              Did you go with 3/4 ply underneath?
              What spacing did you set the joists?
              I'm afraid of saggy weak feeling floors.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                Those of you who have built these can you show pics of your bathroom and kitchen?

I'll try to gather all my progress pics and start a new thread showing our DIY cabin.

Comment

All our materials were donated from friends, family, garage sales so they are not pretty. Disregard the wife's decorating jazz.

Bathroom under the stairwell.

Space saving kitchen area. Bathroom behind the wall the microwave is on.

Comment

Tbar,

That's NICE!
                    And you started with one of these 16x32 Home Depot sheds, too?

I'm really not looking to spend $70k on smthg like this.

How are you dealing with black water?

Comment

Great post guys. THANKS for all the pics & tips. We are looking at something like this.

Comment

Tbar,

That's NICE!

No, we had someone build the shell, porch and staircase from their plans back in 1994 for a little over $8k. Then we spent two years of weekends finishing the inside. I put in a diy septic system for black water. Ran underground wire to a generator building about 40 yards from the structure. My children have great memories of helping the wife and I working on it.

Comment

Tbar,

That's NICE!

I got both my TuffSheds from Home Depot, paid 10k total and they were delivered and installed. Maybe it was 11k? Can't really remember the exact amount.

The large one is a 12x24, the other is 8x10.

I will tell you though, I GROSSLY underestimated the cost to finish them out. Have no idea how much I've spent doing that, but you can do it over time.

Google do it yourself septic...

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                            I will tell you though, I GROSSLY underestimated the cost to finish them out. Have no idea how much I've spent doing that, but you can do it over time.
                            You're exactly right about that. I have had all my receipts and expenses in a large envelope for over a year and have no plan of adding it all up anytime soon.

Comment

That's nice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

How often do you have your black water drained, or vacuumed? And to treat it with a chemical between visits from honey wagon??

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X