Union jobs... worth it or no

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Union jobs... worth it or no

So I found a job that pays way more, but it's union, I have never worked for a union, can any of you give me your opinion on union work if you have worked /currently working for a union. Thanks in advance

Nope is my short answer but this might get good

Comment

It's the same work performed on non-union jobs.

Show me the money!

Comment

I've been union for 20yrs it has it's good side and bad. I consider it good for a decent paying wage, benfits 401 etc. bad when you see how a poorly run local can be run. Unions generally benefit the slackers companies can hardly fire em. Many many many different sides to this argument.

Comment

I worked at a union refinery for almost 10 years. Outside of a 4 month strike, it was a good job. I now work at a non union facility. My recommendation would be to pray about it and make the best decision for you and yours.

Comment

Employed by a Union Job is better than not being employed at all.

I'm not a fan of Unions though.

Comment

More money, better benefits I'm guessing and you don't know if you want the job?????

Comment

You knew the answer before you even posted. There is a reason the pay and benefits are good. Union. And, a reason you applied for the job. If you are worried about the union pass the job up. I’m sure there are people waiting outside that gate that would gladly accept those union perks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                  You knew the answer before you even posted. There is a reason the pay and benefits are good. And, a reason you applied for the job. If you are worried about the union pass the job up. I’m sure there are people waiting outside that gate that would gladly accept those union perks.
                  I hear that sometimes the union will write ****** ****** on your paycheck too. Just get direct deposit and you won't have to see it!

Comment

What union is it?

Comment

Once you have union on your resume, it “can be” difficult to get a job at a non union shop.

Comment

Comment

I worked in a Refinery that was represented by the Union for 34 years. I retired at 53 with a pension paid monthly, well funded matching 401k and health insurance. There are good sides and bad at all jobs. If it's more money, benefits and helps your situation enough said I would think.

Comment

Waiting for this to get good. The non union workers haven't read it yet because they don't get breaks. Wait until about 10:00pm tonight when they get done with their mandatory, unpaid, overtime.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X