No announcement yet.

Camper build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

started by adding water containers. I had to grind off the old pieces that were welded on to tie down the canvas top to it. Then we lost the old hitch with brake system. Also got a new 5200 lbs axle with new hubs so I could utilize the old wheels and tires off of my truck. got rid of the 8000 pound axle and military tires/rims. Then the top came off.
    Attached Files

Comment

There is a guy in the city I work in that has one he said he would sell me for $400. It was to bad I had already purchased this one. dimensions are approximately 96 inches by 65 inches

Comment

Here is the old hitch. I then began building the bed platform. The plan is to store batteries that will run lights under the bed. I would also like to hook it up to solar in the future. The first 4 feet of bed platform will be fixed. The last two feet will fold up, and out of the way for more internal space when not sleeping. The cross bars are all removable. The idea is when you fold the end of the bed up, you can pull the support bar out, and throw it under the bed. Also have plans to store our camp stove, and other misc. items in totes under the bed.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin7243 View Post
          started by adding water containers. I had to grind off the old pieces that were welded on to tie down the canvas top to it. Then we lost the old hitch with brake system. Also got a new 5200 lbs axle with new hubs so I could utilize the old wheels and tires off of my truck. got rid of the 8000 pound axle and military tires/rims. Then the top came off.
          That water jug is not going to work like that. The vent is going to leak. I have these and they leak bounding around upright.

Comment

Frame is welded up, and sides are going on
            Attached Files

Comment

following

Comment

looking good

Comment

following along

Comment

tagged

Comment

Following along

Comment

Tagged

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                          That water jug is not going to work like that. The vent is going to leak. I have these and they leak bounding around upright.

Yours are defective. Mine don’t leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X