Available leases - Post for all to see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slicktree View Post
    I was on a lease a couple years ago bordering Lake Meredith near this place. We had 7 hunters on 10,000 acres, and we let it go because that was too many hunters for the deer population on that acreage. This ad is for 5 hunters on just 640 acres. That's a 1-man lease in that country, unless is has an irrigated wheat field on it or something. They are asking $4,000 total, so one guy could do that. Still a little on the high side though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      I was on a lease a couple years ago bordering Lake Meredith near this place. We had 7 hunters on 10,000 acres, and we let it go because that was too many hunters for the deer population on that acreage. This ad is for 5 hunters on just 640 acres. That's a 1-man lease in that country, unless is has an irrigated wheat field on it or something. They are asking $4,000 total, so one guy could do that. Still a little on the high side though.
      Oh wow I know nothing of the area and the deer population figured I'd post it up anyway

Comment

East Texas

Comment

Oh wow I know nothing of the area and the deer population figured I'd post it up anyway
          No problem, brother. I wasn't jumping on you. Just commenting on the ad to give folks a little background. At only $800/man, I guess if 5 guys wanted to have a cheap place to get away it isn't a bad deal at all. But there won't be 5 mature shooter bucks on the place every year unless it has 400 acres of really good wheat field during deer season. I don't know of any wheat fields in that immediate area though. Might be one somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            No problem, brother. I wasn't jumping on you. Just commenting on the ad to give folks a little background. At only $800/man, I guess if 5 guys wanted to have a cheap place to get away it isn't a bad deal at all. But there won't be 5 mature shooter bucks on the place every year unless it has 400 acres of really good wheat field during deer season. I don't know of any wheat fields in that immediate area though. Might be one somewhere.
            I'm from that area and deer populations are hit and miss on any given piece of land. Just because an area looks good doesn't mean it will be in that country. The comment about wheat fields is spot on.

Comment

Are you land owner or just stumble across this?

Comment

Originally posted by jptx View Post
                Are you land owner or just stumble across this?
                Just posting what I'm coming across in my search for a lease

Comment

Just posting what I'm coming across in my search for a lease
                  Thanks...gonna check it out. Seems too good though.

Comment

Thanks...gonna check it out. Seems too good though.
                    Yeah it's worth a look keep me updated

Comment

He’s got a wait list lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He’s got a wait list lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Lol not surprised for the price

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                          Multiple tracts available around Fort Stockton and Terlingua.

Call Janet Reiner 432-940-9955
                          What’s the story on this one?

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                            What’s the story on this one?
                            I think she’s a real estate agent. I ran across her while searching for a lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                              I think she’s a real estate agent. I ran across her while searching for a lease.
                              K cool

Comment

Working...
                              X