Fajita Pit / Bar / Firepit??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fajita Pit / Bar / Firepit??

Thought I would try my hand at making a pull around Fajita Pit that has a bar for hanging at with a cold one. Also could double as a fire pit for tailgating etc.

Had to put the ice chest holder on the front!

All the metal work is done with the exception of the swivel grating to cook on. Headed to get blasted and painted tomorrow then it's time for the wood for the bar!

Hope ya like it

Brice
    Attached Files

helll yea! whats the heat source for the fajita pit?

Comment

Charcoal or wood at the moment...I had toyed with the idea of piping in some propane burners. Will probably just stay with wood/charcoal though. I'm all ears for suggestions

Originally posted by hunter123 View Post
      helll yea! whats the heat source for the fajita pit?

Comment

I'll take one please!

Looks great.

Comment

Might could arrange that You buy the metal and bring the beer You're right down the road LOL

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
          I'll take one please!

Looks great.

Comment

mount you a single fish cooker on that square tubin that the fajita cooker is on and then mount your fajita cooker bout 2 inches off the top of the burner and run stainless tubing line down to a central point that has a male propane fitting to attach your bottle to, use 1/2 inch tubing and bend all your angles, looks alot cleaner that way, best of luck to ya brother

Comment

then you could even take you a piece of 12 inch pipe bout 10 inches tall and put a bottom in it and weld it to the side of the trailer and you could hold your bottle there on the trailer inside that pipe, keep you from having to move the propane bottle everytime you move the trailer around, then on one side of the table that you have built you can run some more square tubing to one side and make a little bench there and put you a 2x12 there to sit on, use the table as kinda like a bartop, just a few suggestions

Comment

ok looks good how much

Comment

Like it. Great idea.

Comment

looks good. what kinda paint are you gonna use?

Comment

Man, I'm confused
                      Are you saying remove the endcap and place a burner underneath? There will be framed grating that swivels on top of the bowl for steaks/fajitas/etc.
                      Not quite following but still all ears

Originally posted by hunter123 View Post
                      mount you a single fish cooker on that square tubin that the fajita cooker is on and then mount your fajita cooker bout 2 inches off the top of the burner and run stainless tubing line down to a central point that has a male propane fitting to attach your bottle to, use 1/2 inch tubing and bend all your angles, looks alot cleaner that way, best of luck to ya brother

Comment

As in material cost or how much to build one for someone?

Originally posted by austinmike View Post
                        ok looks good how much

To answer the question about paint, it will be blasted, primed, and epoxy painted. The bowl itself will be painted with high heat paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Outcast View Post
                          Man, I'm confused
                          Are you saying remove the endcap and place a burner underneath? There will be framed grating that swivels on top of the bowl for steaks/fajitas/etc.
                          Not quite following but still all ears
                          lol sorry bout that, i was thinking of another way you could go about it, but i understand now what and how you are wanting to cook your fajitas and etc, lol yes definately do the swing out grate i absolutely love them things and need to build me one, but i would go with a bench on the other side of that table for a place for a couple buddies to sit and have a cold one while your cookin, you got the makins of a good bull****ttinn table lol

Comment

If I put a propane bottle I think this would be out of the way...easy to attach a holder here.

As far as the bench, I thought about doing swing out seats that fold in....but the bench is a great idea as well. Saw a similar one at a function and the table combo'd as a prep table do the permanent seating would have got in the way. Options options LOL
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Outcast; 10-25-2011, 08:52 PM.

Comment

how much to build one for someone

Comment

Working...
                              X