No announcement yet.

Stuffed backstap with style....pics & how to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made some yesterday--turned out great. Done several other variations of this in the past but never with boudin. Great idea.

Comment

Man that looks good. Might have to try that this weekend!!

Comment

I still think it's gonna be hard to beat a bacon wrapped rib eye deep fried in butter.

Comment

Going to try this tonight

Got my backstrap cut and marinating, gonna stop by the store and pick up a pkg of boudain, some fresh asparagus and a red onion and a package of wild rice

Going to wrap the asparagus and some cut up red onion in some foil with a little butter and throw it on the grill while I am cooking the backstrap.

Might pick up a couple of fresh jalapenos and wrap them inside the meat too

Comment

nice tip looks good

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
              Going to try this tonight

Got my backstrap cut and marinating, gonna stop by the store and pick up a pkg of boudain, some fresh asparagus and a red onion and a package of wild rice

Going to wrap the asparagus and some cut up red onion in some foil with a little butter and throw it on the grill while I am cooking the backstrap.

Might pick up a couple of fresh jalapenos and wrap them inside the meat too
              Let me know how it is

Comment

Well it did not look as good as yours did

I had a piece of backstrap from a deer I killed in Kansas in 08, cut it into 1/3rds and put my cheese and boudain in, wrapped it with 2 pieces of bacon on the side but it took 3 pieces to cover the ends. Ran out of bacon so I seperated the remaining piece into 3 pieces and threw it on the grill with the leftover link of boudain and put the 2 wrapped pieces on. My fire burned way down while I was messing with wrapping the pieces so it took longer for the wrapped pieces to cook. Ended up eating the marinated pieces of backstrap and some wild rice and asparagus. Going to eat the wrapped stuff another night

Comment

Oh my goodness

That was gooooooood

Comment

does cooking 8 minutes per side dry it out?

Comment

dang that looks great!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Moore View Post
                        does cooking 8 minutes per side dry it out?
                        I guess it would depend on how thick the meat is cut, my fire was burned way down and I left them alot longer but I monitored internal temp up to 140deg and pulled them. Nice pink middle in the venison, cheese was melted and bacon was done. The bacon protects it from drying out too

They were great

Comment

Man I'm hungery

Comment

looks delicious.

Comment

Looks great, I did one similar to that on my smoker but i left it whole and cooked for 4 hours and turned out tender and juicy. But I do like the temptation of cooking in a fraction of that time on my smokey...

Comment

campb

Originally posted by jdubb View Post
                                nice tip looks good
                                Called wife to get one out of freezer,tha looks GREAT!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X