300blk zero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

300blk zero

Anybody have ballistics on Fiocchi 300 blackout 220 grain subs? I’m zeroed at 50 right now and want to try them out on pigs. May end up at a different feeder that is 115 yard shot so I’m trying to figure that out. No time for another range trip and at least on the phone I can’t find a ballistic chart on that ammo.

I know, don’t bother hunting with subs. It’s the ammo I have right now and I do head shots anyway. Was in the wind at the range this morning and tearing on big hole in the target suppressed at 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 -2.70
    10 -1.46
    20 -0.58
    30 -0.04
    40 0.15
    50 0.01
    60 -0.49
    70 -1.33
    80 -2.52
    90 -4.07
    100 -5.98
    110 -8.24
    120 -10.87
    130 -13.85
    140 -17.21
    150 -20.93

Major rainbow with subs, low margin of error.

Comment

Gonna be real tough to shoot at a target that small without knowing an exact range and the ballistics of your gun and ammo. Look atet eh above chart. 5" of drop from 100-120.

Comment

Wow! Didn’t realize the drop would be that big. Ok I will stick with my blind thatYes less than 50 yards

Comment

Mike D is the man to talk to.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
            Anybody have ballistics on Fiocchi 300 blackout 220 grain subs? I’m zeroed at 50 right now and want to try them out on pigs. May end up at a different feeder that is 115 yard shot so I’m trying to figure that out. No time for another range trip and at least on the phone I can’t find a ballistic chart on that ammo.

I know, don’t bother hunting with subs. It’s the ammo I have right now and I do head shots anyway. Was in the wind at the range this morning and tearing on big hole in the target suppressed at 50.

If it’s tearing big holes in the target at 50 you are not stabilizing those bullets.

I’m surprised you haven’t had a baffle strike yet. Consider yourself lucky if you haven’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              If it’s tearing big holes in the target at 50 you are not stabilizing those bullets.

I’m surprised you haven’t had a baffle strike yet. Consider yourself lucky if you haven’t.

I read it as one big hole as in point of impacts were touching.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                The way it's written makes it hard to tell if he is having bullets tumbling or not. Hopefully not. But a BIG hole. Might be a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                  Yes, that is what I meant. I actually started shooting with 150gr supers trying to zero a new 1-4 scope. Don't recall what brand that was but they were not doing well. Ran out of those and put the subs in. Was shocked at how well they were grouping.

Comment

300blk zero

So funny story. Hogs came out at my blind where the shot is 115 yards. Had my trusty 556 and got a click. (Freedom Vmax ammo). Round was stuck too so I creeped back to the truck and retrieved the 300blk loaded with the subs. Held over about 8” and ear holed this little boar on the first shot.

Last edited by TexaRican; 01-13-2018, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Way to go

Comment

Working...
                      X