Tutorial for those who failed middle school sentence structure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tutorial for those who failed middle school sentence structure

Frequently we all have difficulty deciphering what is being written on TBH. I think that Facebook and texting have caused us to abbreviate sentences, often leaving out the subject and often misplacing modifiers.

For those of us who could use a remedial course so we can be understood, here is a lesson that is no longer being taught in school, but should still be required:

I ain’t gonna read that junk. WTH?

Comment

Gtfoi

Comment

Originally posted by Regular7 View Post
        Gtfoi

We will have another tutorial on spelling later. (GtfoH)

Comment

Dude, I used to love diagramming sentences in like 5th grade.

Comment

If-n it wasn't so long, I mydda mostly kinda in a about way, red-it. Wooda you short-n it fors me Burnadells? Pleases?

Comment

Ima act like that never was put out their. I meen; its tha innerwebs. Sentencing structure??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

What you're not factoring in is the fact that many times while on TBH I am drinking. That wasn't allowed when I was in middle school, except on Tuesdays and Thurdays and then it was only acceptable in the afternoon. English class was in the mornings.

Comment

But but but....I need to sale some stuff?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    We will have another tutorial on spelling later. (GtfoH)
                    Nice try Old Timer, GTFOI(it)

Comment

Who's gonna understand a proper sentence?

Comment

I red part of it, but I caint understand why Dic and Jane is stealing watermelons in that one sentence. What is this "Diagraming Participles, Gerunds, Infinitives"? I thought infinitives was two infinity cars? Participles is what you get in your eye during a sand storm and "gerunds" is what you get when you eat at Long John Silvers.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                          What you're not factoring in is the fact that many times while on TBH I am drinking. That wasn't allowed when I was in middle school, except on Tuesdays and Thurdays and then it was only acceptable in the afternoon. English class was in the mornings.
                          Glad I'm not the only scotch and TBH-er

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                            I red part of it, but I caint understand why Dic and Jane is stealing watermelons in that one sentence. What is this "Diagraming Participles, Gerunds, Infinitives"? I thought infinitives was two infinity cars? Participles is what you get in your eye during a sand storm and "gerunds" is what you get when you eat at Long John Silvers.
                            I’m so glad you mentioned Long John Silvers. I’ll be selling some LJS memorabilia from the 1980’s.

Comment

Good to see you gripping again about speeelig again. Must be feeling better....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X